Bookseller – PT Jobs in New York 2023: Whether you visit our shops or cafés, Barnes & Noble has a special place in the community. Booksellers are at the heart of our stores, contributing to the distinctiveness and customization of each location for its customers. They are voracious readers who appreciate sharing their literary knowledge with others. Barnes & Noble provides bookworms with a stepping stone to a rewarding career, and there are numerous opportunities for you to advance with us. If you enjoy reading, this could be the perfect job for you.
To be a great bookstore, you must provide pleasant, sincere, and professional customer service, and you must always put the customer first. You make shopping enjoyable and lively by passionately sharing your knowledge, whether in person or over the phone, and guiding consumers in picking a new book or a one-of-a-kind gift. A bookseller creates customer-friendly displays that are sleek, well-organized, and colorful. Your excitement for bookselling and desire to assist ensure that your customers look forward to visiting your store. There is always the chance to show initiative and a love of books and people, whether through the construction of captivating exhibits or participation in our special events.
|Title||Bookseller – PT|
|Location||NY – New York – Tribeca – 2255|
|Job Location||New York, New York 10007|
|Salary||$15.00 per hour|
What You Do:
- Establish an engaging environment for clients by interacting with them, sharing your love of reading, and making relevant recommendations.
- Guarantee the success of your bookstore by flawlessly implementing bookstore essentials and exhibiting a commitment to presentation, commerciality, section detail, localization, and theatricality.
- Use significant efforts like Our Monthly Picks, preorders, and so on to hand-sell and engage in conversation with each customer.
- Continue to educate yourself on books and the industry to help the store and give customers a pleasant shopping experience when they visit.
- Select crucial titles and talk to your store’s personnel about how to tailor the item assortment to the community’s interests.
- Maintain store orders by creating displays and making sure the bookstore is constantly welcoming and shoppable.
- Participate in community activities and outreach.
- Safeguard the company’s assets by adhering to all shrinkage, expenditure, and payroll management standards.
- Recognize and respond to consumers’ and workers’ urgent needs.
- Exemplify required behaviors to ensure compliance with all regulations and procedures.
- Employment on the sales floor, which requires physical activity (e.g., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, and climbing), as well as occasionally in the café.
Knowledge and Experience:
- an enthusiastic and intelligent bibliophile.
- With an optimistic and can-do attitude.
- I like working with people.
- Working in a continuously changing environment energizes me.
- Listen to others and take pleasure in issue resolution.
- can articulate oneself and talk with clarity and civility.
- At all times, the consumer should be your top focus.
- Develop your understanding of books, the industry, and the market.
- Take pleasure in making suggestions and interacting with others.
- Show initiative.
- supports the aims and goals of the company and is a team player.
- Display courtesy and respect toward fellow booksellers and customers.
- Accept responsibility and do all tasks with precision and attention.
- Accept advice and feedback from others with an open mind.
Barnes & Noble is an employer committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, religion, creed, disability, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, hairstyle, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic.
How to Apply?
Frequently Asked Questions
Which positions are in demand in New York?
Health care, education, and finance are among the leading industries in New York. New York’s average weekly wage in 2021 was approximately $1,690. Transportation and storage employees are among the most in demand. Also experiencing shortages and high demand are positions in healthcare support.
Is it difficult to sell books?
In reality, bookselling is a really difficult occupation since we are busy and have a million things to do but not enough time to do them. Thus, it is not necessarily accurate when people exclaim, “What a pleasant place to work!”
Which occupation pays the best in New York City?
What are New York’s highest-paying occupations?
Administration Analysts U.S. median annual wage in 2021: $93,000 President/CEO. Managers of Medical and Health Services analysts of information security. Sales Engineers. Actuaries. Training and Development Managers Computer Network Architects