Bus Operator Jobs in Canada 2023: Winnipeg Transit, based in Winnipeg, is looking for self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal skills to fill the role of MB Bus Operator. The chosen individual must begin work as soon as possible. Vacancies relate to full-time or permanent positions. Day, evening, night, weekend, shifts, overtime, on-call, early morning, and morning shifts are all possible.
- Winnipeg is the name of the employer. Transit
- Bus Operator Positions Available: 12
- Wage: $21.20 per hour for 37.5 hours per week
- Job status: Permanent, full-time
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
Check Also: Restaurant host Jobs in Canada 2023 – Apply HERE
- The candidate must report delays, mechanical issues, and accidents.
- The candidate will be responsible for aiding in the loading and unloading of the bus as needed.
- The candidate will be required to interact with members of the general public.
- The candidate must keep a log book and produce reports.
- The candidate will be in charge of vehicle inspections before, during, and after a journey, as well as managing all parts of the vehicle.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate with passengers, dispatchers, and other drivers via a two-way radio system.
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting passengers on buses, school buses, or streetcars.
- During the trip, the applicant will be asked to maintain control over the student’s activities to avoid distractions or behaviors that could threaten safety.
- In the event of an emergency, the candidate will be needed to perform roadside repairs.
- The candidate must adjust the brake.
- Whenever an accident happens, the candidate must adhere to the accident protocol.
- The candidate must drive with extreme caution.
- Truck driving rules (size, weight, route positions, parking, and break periods) as well as corporate policies and procedures must be followed by the candidate.
- All traffic rules must be followed by the candidate.
- Before driving the car, the candidate must confirm that any mechanical issues are resolved.
- The candidate must be mindful of traffic and weather conditions, as well as safeguard the safety of passengers.
- The candidate should stick to the planned route and departure timings and stops.
- The candidate will be asked to check the vehicle’s safety elements such as tires, brakes, turn signals, mechanical devices, and so on on a regular basis.
- The candidate will be in charge of tracking and reporting fuel use, mileage, and passenger count.
- The candidate will be in charge of dealing with both emergency and non-emergency circumstances.
- The candidate is in charge of maintaining the car clean.
- The candidate will be responsible for following the bus route and stopping at all stops on time.
- When on duty, the candidate will be responsible for adhering to the timetable.
- The candidate will be responsible for aiding disabled customers in boarding the bus.
- The candidate will be responsible for preventing or reducing disruptive passenger behavior.
- The candidate would be expected to communicate any delays or problems encountered en route with passengers and employers.
- The candidate should be fluent in English.
- No official education requirements, such as a bachelor’s degree, certificate, or certification, exist.
- The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience working in a related business.
- Applicant must have a Class 2/2F/C license (for buses carrying more than ten people), a Class 5/5F/G license (for cars, light trucks, and other two-axle vehicles), and an Air Brakes Endorsement Certificate.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal and decision-making abilities.
- The ideal candidate will be organized and adaptable.
- The candidate must be prompt.
- The candidate must be dependable.
- The candidate must be dependable.
- The candidate should prioritize values and ethics.
- The ideal candidate would have exceptional customer service abilities.
- Applicant must be in good physical and mental health in order to complete all tasks swiftly, efficiently, and successfully.
- The candidate must have strong verbal communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to drive for long periods of time and travel regularly.
- The candidate must be versatile and foresighted in order to deal with unexpected scenarios (traffic, weather conditions, etc.).
- The candidate must be well-versed in safety requirements, which include not only traffic laws but also how often they must rest, the maximum number of kilometers they can drive, and so on.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about basic first-aid methods.
- The candidate should have good hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to finish the stipulated path in a timely manner.
- The candidate must be constantly on the lookout for methods to improve and promote quality, as well as be able to exhibit correctness and thoroughness.
- Basic vehicle inspection and maintenance skills, such as checking tire pressure and oil and water levels, are required.
- The candidate must be able to safely and efficiently run a loaded passenger bus.
- The candidate must travel regularly or indefinitely.
- The candidate must be able to comprehend and adhere to safety regulations.
- The candidate must be familiar with motor vehicle laws.
- The candidate should be well-versed in the local area.
- The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of car maintenance and the ability to detect mechanical issues.
- A clean driving record with no unjust accidents or traffic citations is required.
- A thorough criminal record check is required of the candidate.
- A valid driver’s license is required for the candidate.
- The candidate must be physically fit.
- In a difficult scenario, the candidate should be able to remain calm.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume setting.
- The candidate must be willing to work under duress.
- Extreme temperatures, filth, dust, smoke, fumes, foul aromas, and/or loud noises may be encountered while working.
- Some risks or physical hazards encountered in the workplace necessitate basic safety procedures.
- The candidate should pay close attention to specifics.
- The candidate must be willing to sit for long periods of time.
- The candidate must complete repetitious activities.
Benefits of Bus Operator Jobs in Canada 2023
- Selected candidates will receive health, long-term, and financial advantages.
- Health benefits will cover selected candidates’ health care plans, disability benefits, dental plans, vision care benefits, and paramedical services.
- Selected candidates will receive group insurance benefits, life insurance, a pension plan, other benefits, long-term care insurance, maternity, and parental benefits as part of their long-term benefits package.
- Selected candidates will get financial rewards in accordance with the collective agreement.
How to Apply for Bus Operator Jobs in Canada 2023
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
421 Osborne Street
R3L 2A2 Between 08:30 AM and 04:30 PM
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I immigrate to Canada as a bus driver?
Bus drivers can now apply for permanent residency in Canada under the Express Entry System’s Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program.
Which bus companies travel to Canada?
The most popular bus companies in Canada are Greyhound Canada and Megabus. Among them, the bus company that provides the most comprehensive routes across Canada is Greyhound Bus. Greyhound Bus Company also provides connecting trips from the mainland United States to Canada.