Cruise Ship Jobs In Canada: Following a two-year hiatus due to COVID-19, cruise ships have begun making port calls in Canada once more as of early 2022. Jobs in the cruise ship industry are currently in high demand all over the world, particularly in Canada, where tourism and outdoor culture are at an all-time high. Canada’s cruise industry primarily operates during the summer months. Ships change course in the winter to avoid the cold.
Holland America Line is a significant Canadian cruise ship employer. In 2022 alone, Holland America Line will have operated 141 cruises on eight ships in Canada, bringing 250,000 passengers there, according to USA Today. Due to the enormous amount of human traffic, Holland America Line must constantly hire people with a range of skills, from low to high. Holland America Line provides an unrivaled opportunity for you to immerse yourself in a distinctive global workplace, with up to 70 different nationalities represented onboard our ships.
We are seeking a dependable and amiable cruise ship attendant to join our hospitality team and deliver first-rate guest service. You’ll be responsible for making sure that the rooms you’ve been given are properly stocked, maintained, and serviced. Additionally, you should be able to politely and promptly address the concerns and complaints of visitors.
Responsibilities for Cruise Ship Jobs in Canada For Foreigners 2023
- Greeting visitors and answering questions.
- Making beds and changing the sheets.
- changing out used towels and other bathroom supplies like shampoo and soap.
- mopping and sweeping the floor.
- carpet vacuuming
- furniture polishing and dusting.
- cleaning out ashtrays and trash cans.
- restocking the minibar with new food and drink items.
- sanitizing common areas, such as hallways.
- reporting any technical problems and upkeep requirements.
- updating the assignment sheet’s guest room status.
- cleaning cart must be brought back and restocked at the shift’s end.
Requirements for Cruise Ship Jobs in Canada For Foreigners 2023:
- preferred: high school diploma.
- prior experience providing guest service and/or housekeeping.
- knowledge of industrial cleaning tools and supplies.
- flexible work schedules
- able to perform to high standards while requiring little to no supervision.
- Physical endurance and mobility.
- the capacity to adhere to directions.
- courteous and professional.
In a variety of locations, including hotels, restaurants, parking garages, outdoor facilities, and retail stores, attendants carry out a range of customer support and service tasks. They assist clients, offer information, and guarantee a well-run business.
How To Apply for Cruise Ship Jobs in Canada For Foreigners 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I obtain employment on an international cruise ship?
You can apply directly to a cruise line through their website or through a hiring partner that they have approved. You can apply through a concessionaire, which is a company hired to run the spa, shops, photography, and entertainment on the ship. You can apply online with a specialized job portal like All Cruise Jobs.
Is a visa required to work on a cruise ship?
You require a transit (C-1) visa if you travel to the United States to meet and board the vessel you will be working on. (This is in addition to the crewmember (D) visa that is required to work on board.)