Dining Room Cashier Jobs in Canada 2023: First & Last Business Consulting Inc. located in Richmond, BC is seeking applications from qualified candidates who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills for the position of Dining Room Cashier. First and Last Business Consulting Inc. has been particularly effective in serving our brand “Cafe Loyal”. We are the sole franchisee of Cafe Loyal. The selected candidate will need to start work as soon as possible. Vacancies refer to full-time or permanent employment.
The Role of a Dining Room Cashier
Cashiers in the dining room are important parts of the business because they make sure customers can pay quickly and easily. They are friendly people who welcome customers, take their orders, handle deals, and say goodbye. In addition to handling cash, dining room cashiers often have to manage bookings, answer customer questions, and work with the kitchen staff.
Skills Needed for Dining Room Cashier Jobs
To do well in this job, you need a wide range of skills. First, you must have excellent customer service skills. When dealing with people from different backgrounds, it’s important to be patient, communicate well, and have a good attitude. For deals to go smoothly, you also need to be good with numbers and pay close attention to details. High-value skills include being able to do more than one thing at once, keeping organized during busy times, and adjusting to places where things move quickly.
Perks of Working as a Dining Room Cashier
There are many good things about being a server in the dining room. You get to be in the middle of the restaurant’s busy scene, talk to people from different backgrounds, and improve your social skills. Flexible job hours can be a big plus, especially for students or people who have other things to do. Also, the hospitality business offers many chances to meet new people and move up in your career, even if you aren’t a cashier.
Job Opportunities and Outlook
As Canada’s restaurant scene grows, there are still a lot of cashier jobs in restaurants. Small local restaurants and high-end restaurants both need cashiers who care about their customers. As food delivery services and online bookings become more popular, cashiers who know how to use digital platforms and are good with technology will be in even higher demand.
Employer Name: First & Last Business Consulting Inc.
Position: Dining Room Cashier
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 32 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Richmond, BC
- Candidate should be proficient in English language.
- Candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (High) School Graduation Certificate.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 1 to 2 years of experience working in a similar industry.
- Candidate should be a good team player with good interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- Candidate should be punctual.
- Candidate should be responsible.
- Candidate must be qualified.
- Candidate should be reliable.
- Candidate should be reliable.
- Candidate should have skills in multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Candidate must have excellent customer service skills.
- Candidate should be highly efficient and accurate.
- Candidate should have good knowledge of product pricing and description.
- The candidate should be friendly and approachable.
- Candidate should have good knowledge of safety procedures and techniques.
- The candidate should have confidence.
- Candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- Candidate must have excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate should be able to act on his own initiative.
- Candidate must have a thorough criminal record check.
- Candidate must be in good physical and healthy condition to perform all tasks quickly, efficiently and effectively.
- Candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Candidate must be able to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Candidate should have basic computer knowledge.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent cashier and cognitive skills.
- Candidate should be comfortable handling cash.
- Candidate will be required to handle reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
- The candidate should be familiar with electronic equipment such as cash registers and point of sale terminals.
- Candidate should be able to handle transactions correctly and responsibly.
- The candidate will be in charge of greeting customers and assisting them with their orders.
- The candidate will be in charge of processing customer orders and entering them into the restaurant database.
- The candidate will be in charge of delivering customer orders to the kitchen staff.
- The candidate will be in charge of ensuring that all orders are delivered to customers on time.
- The candidate will be required to manage customer transactions using a cash register.
- The candidate will be in charge of calculating daily/shift payments and reconciling them with total sales.
- The candidate will be responsible for collecting payments, whether in cash or by credit card.
- The candidate will be responsible for resolving customer complaints, guiding them and providing relevant information.
- The candidate will be in charge of balancing the cash drawer by counting the cash at the beginning and end of each work shift.
- Candidate will be in charge of placing food orders in proper bags and boxes.
- The candidate will be in charge of responding to customer inquiries, issuing invoices and documenting customer proposals.
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning and maintaining the dining, service and kitchen areas.
- Candidate will need to provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate will be in charge of ensuring that food prices are entered accurately.
- The candidate will be in charge of monitoring the transactions on the balance sheets and reporting any discrepancies.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring a safe and clean working environment by following procedures, rules and regulations.
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be ready to work under pressure.
- Candidate is required to perform repetitive tasks.
- Candidate should keep an eye on details.
- Candidate must be willing to work long hours in stooping, stooping and kneeling positions.
- Candidate must be willing to work long hours in a sitting, standing and walking position.
- Candidate should be ready to perform physically demanding tasks as part of daily work.
- Candidate must be willing to work overtime if required.
- The candidate will be in charge of appealing to impatient or irritable customers, especially during rush hours.
- The candidate will be in charge of making reservations for customers.
- The candidate will be in charge of issuing receipts, refunds, exchanges, or tickets.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
In the Canadian hotel industry, jobs as dining room cashiers are a good way to start a fun and interesting career. Customer service, financial knowledge, and the ability to do more than one thing at once make for a dynamic job that is both rewarding and difficult. As 2023 goes on, the business continues to change, giving people chances to grow both personally and professionally. If you love making dining experiences memorable and do well in fast-paced settings, becoming a dining room cashier could be your next great adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the job of a cashier in Canada?
Cashiers operate cash registers, optical price scanners, computers, or other equipment to record and accept payment for the purchase of goods, services, and entrees.
What is a dining room cashier?
What is a Restaurant Cashier? A restaurant cashier handles sales transactions at various dining establishments. They usually work at the front of the restaurant, greeting customers as they enter, answering any questions, and promoting the restaurant’s services.