Electrician Jobs in Toronto 2023: Ports Toronto offers you the possibility to work as an electrician full-time if you’re seeking for a terrific profession and a chance to have an effect.
The hiring organization and several others have now provided interested people an opportunity to work as electricians in Toronto.
To learn more about the roles, job description, and application link for the position of the electrician, continue reading.
Information About The Job – Electrician:
Check Also: Hotel Jobs in Canada 2023 With Free Visa Sponsorship
The electrician is responsible for carrying out electrical upkeep, preventative maintenance, inspections, repairs, and installs on various fleets, machinery, and infrastructure.
The Electrician will collaborate closely with the Foreperson and other Electricians, frequently filling in for them when they are absent.
Billy’s responsibilities include electrical work on the organization’s vehicles, machinery, and infrastructure.
Infrastructure at Bishop Airport may include but is not limited to, passenger ferries, vehicle and passenger ramps, and airfield lighting and system.
- Rate of Pay: Hourly rate: $46.25
- Working Hours: 7.5 hours, five days a week, between 7:00 and 1800 (moreover, shift work, weekends, and holidays may all be required).
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, M5A 1A1, 23 Unwin Avenue (note you must have your transportation to the work location).
- Hiring Organization: Toronto ports
Duties And Responsibilities Of The Role:
- Perform preventive maintenance work on electrical and related mechanical installations satisfactorily and safely.
- Complete electrical equipment installations and maintenance on tugs, ferries, buildings, and airfields satisfactorily and safely.
- Perform equipment site checks satisfactorily and safely, and provide accurate reporting to the foreperson.
- Update the foreperson on the status of the allocated work
- Effectively, efficiently, and safely carry out electrical maintenance, preventative maintenance, inspections, repairs, and installs as specified.
- individually and collaboratively troubleshoot and resolve electrical problems.
- Make sure that all work is completed in accordance with all relevant governing codes, including but not limited to CSA Z462, 463, and the Ontario Electric Code.
- Work in a secure, well-organized, and professional manner, and keep the workplace safe.
- Examine, maintain, and fix airport lighting systems while working in an airport setting.
- On active/operational marine equipment, carry out electrical inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- Inspection, upkeep, and repair of systems, machinery, and electrical equipment for the Ship Channel Bridge
- Examine, maintain, and fix navigational buoys and lights.
- must abide by all rules and regulations of PortsToronto
- must abide by all safety and health policies, procedures, and legal requirements. They also need to wear the appropriate safety gear.
- must be familiar with legal criteria for safety
- must be familiar with Ontario’s electrical codes
- Reading and understanding construction and schematic designs for electrical and related mechanical installations is a need.
- The ability to comprehend and use knowledge of electrical and related mechanical repair work is required.
- must be proficient in electrical installation repair techniques.
- RAIC (Restricted Area Identity Card) security clearance must be attainable and maintained.
- The ability to operate independently with little supervision is necessary.
- Must be able to speak clearly and eloquently both in person and over technology devices.
- Must be in good physical shape and able to work both inside and outside, in all types of weather.
- Lockout-tag-out and working with electrical energy protocols must be understood and followed.
- Should be knowledgeable about safe operating methods
- The ability to climb to and work at heights of 200 feet is required.
- able to move 50 pounds (25 kg) from the floor to your waist
- It’s advised that you can swim and hold your breath underwater for two minutes.
- Covid-19 immunization as a whole is required and has been approved by Health Canada.
Required Skills for the Position:
- Must possess a Red Seal Construction Electrician or 309A Electrician license (interprovincial certificate)
- Own electrical hand tools must be provided and used.
- must hold a valid Class “G” first aid certificate that is recognized. Driving Permit
- Master Electrician licenses and any related trade licenses will be valued as assets.
- Confirmation of a Complete Immunization Schedule is Required
The Salary Of an Electrician In Toronto
In the Toronto, Ontario, Canada area, an electrician makes an average yearly compensation of CA$ 77,201.
Application Process for Jobs in Toronto
- Emailing a resume and a cover letter detailing how your experience supports the needs of an electrician has been extended to interested and qualified candidates.
- The electrician will be written in the subject line.
- Be aware that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive contact information.