Fruit Picking Jobs In New Zealand For Foreigners: Fruit-picking jobs in New Zealand are the finest option for those unskilled foreigners looking for work in New Zealand. We’re back with another job today: fruit harvesting employment in New Zealand. In this piece, we will go over how to apply for fruit-picking jobs in New Zealand and what the minimum prerequisites are for this position. We will also give you links to websites where you can find these jobs as a foreigner.
Read More: Domestic housekeeper Jobs in Canada 2023 – Apply Now
Details of Fruit Picking Jobs In New Zealand For Foreigners
- Job Country: New Zealand
- Industry: Fruit Picking
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Salary: 23 NZD/Hour
Benefits of Fruit Picking Jobs In New Zealand 2023
- Cultural exchange
- Physical activity
- Work experience
Average Salary of Fruit Picking Jobs In New Zealand
Fruit picking jobs in New Zealand pay varying amounts depending on the type of fruit, location, and employer. Fruit-picking jobs in New Zealand typically compensate employees based on how much fruit they pick or how many hours they labor. Depending on the employer and locality, hourly fees might range from NZD $16 to $23 per hour. Workers may be paid based on the weight of the fruit harvested for various fruits, such as kiwifruit and apples, which can range from NZD $0.60 to $0.90 per kilogram.
Requirements for Fruit Picking Jobs In New Zealand
- Valid work visa: To work lawfully in New Zealand, you must have a valid work visa. The Working Holiday Visa, which permits you to work and travel in New Zealand for up to 12 months, is the most prevalent work visa for seasonal employees.
- Physical fitness: Fruit-picking jobs entail physical labor, so being in good physical shape and being able to lift and carry big loads is essential.
- Employers in New Zealand may need workers to have a basic understanding of English in order to interact successfully with colleagues and superiors.
- Availability: Many fruit-picking occupations demand employees be accessible for long periods of time and for the entire season, which can last anywhere from a few weeks to several months.
- Willingness to work in rural places: Because most fruit-picking jobs are in rural areas, it’s necessary to be at ease living and working in remote areas.
- Relevant experience: While prior experience in fruit picking or other agricultural work is not usually required, it might be advantageous.
How to Apply for Fruit Picking Jobs In New Zealand
- PickNZ, Work The Seasons, and BackpackerBoard is some of the online job boards that advertise fruit-picking opportunities in New Zealand. These websites allow you to look for job openings and apply directly to the business.
- Recruitment agencies: Agstaff and The Labour Exchange are two recruitment firms in New Zealand that specialize in seasonal labor. You can apply to these organizations online or in person, and they will help you find a job that matches your talents and expertise.
- Directly contacting employers: You can also inquire about employment possibilities directly with fruit producers and farmers. Many firms post job openings on their websites or social media accounts, and you can also contact or email them to enquire about possible prospects.
Frequently Asked Questions