Fully Funded Korean Government Scholarship 2023: As mentioned earlier in our article about List of Scholarships in 2023 (Without IELTS) you can apply for Fully Funded GKS Korean Government Scholarship 2023 without IELTS. No GRE/IELTS/TOEFL is required for the Global Korea Scholarship Program. GKS Scholarship applications are open for Masters and PhD degree programs. The course will start in September 2023. So without wasting any more time start applying now. It is now clear that GKS 2023 no longer requires IELTS.
The Korean Government Scholarship Program is open to all applicants from any country. The scholarship covers your tuition fees, monthly stipend, room, plane tickets, visa, books, and all expenses related to the scholarship. You will find many of your friends there. Because the Global Korea Scholarship attracts all students. There is so much to do in South Korea. Study Masters and PhD from top Korean universities. Details about the Fully Funded GKS Korean Government Scholarship 2023 without IELTS are given below.
Details About Fully Funded GKS Korean Government Scholarship 2023
- Host Country: South Korea
- Degree Level: Masters, PhD
- Number of Scholarships: 1300
- Deadline: Different for each country
What is GKS Fully Funded scholarship 2023?
In short, GKS stands for Global Korea Scholarship formally known as Korean Government Scholarship.
This is a fully funded scholarship program by the Korean government and Ministry of Foreign Affairs Korea making it one of the largest scholarship programs in the world.
This call is for Masters and PhD programs. The call for undergraduates will be in September 2023.
Check Also: IU Scholarships in Germany 2023 – Apply Here
The GKS Scholarship 2023 is a fully funded scholarship opportunity for all international students. It covers:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly Allowance (KRW 1,000,000 – KRW 1,500,000)
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000)
- Research Support (KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- Round flight tickets
- Language courses
- Award for Best Korean Language Proficiency
- Printing costs (dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
- Completion Grant
These universities offer various programs in various fields including engineering, science, technology, business, arts and many more.
Applicants must select their majors (fields of study) listed only in the “University Information” file.
- Scholarship Duration
- Master’s Degree: 3 years
- Doctoral Degree: 4 years
- Research Program: 6 months.
Eligibility Criteria for the GKS Scholarship 2023
- Applicants can apply from all over the world. The scholarship is open.
- Applicants must be physically fit and in good health.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum CGPA requirement of: 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0.
- In percentile: 80% or higher on a 100-point scale, or in the top 20% of their class.
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Must be below 40 years of age as on 1st September 2023 (born after 1st September 1983). (For Masters, Ph.D.)
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree program or be expected to obtain a bachelor’s degree.
- Final year students and those awaiting results can also apply. (In this case, you must submit a certificate of expected graduation at the time of application.
Deadline for GKS South Korea Scholarship 2023
The Deadline is set by each country and it is different.
How to Apply for the Fully Funded GKS Korean Government Scholarship 2023?
The application process for the Korean Government Scholarship Program is also different for each country.
The process is set by each country and it is better to visit the official website where they have mentioned all the details about applying for the scholarship.
Please visit the official website below and read the details as well as see the attachments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a scholarship in Korea without IELTS?
No GRE/IELTS/TOEFL is required for the Global Korea Scholarship Program. GKS Scholarship applications are open for Masters and PhD degree programs. The course will start in September 2023. So without wasting any more time start applying now.
How can I get a fully funded scholarship in Korea?
Hankook University in Korea offers fully funded Korean scholarships for engineering majors to international undergraduate students every year. Hankook University offers degree programs in various fields of engineering and if you manage to win a South Korean scholarship there, all your education will be free.