Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship: Agriculture is the largest sector of the Canadian economy and government, yet it is currently battling a labor crisis. As a result, the Canadian government has offered visa sponsorship for Agricultural/ Farm Jobs in 2023 and 451,000 foreign employees in 2024. This year, approximately one million jobs in the Canadian agricultural sector will be offered in the media and online. In 2021, the Farm/Agri-food Sector in Canada employed 2.1 million people and contributed 68% of Canada’s GDP.
Read More: Emirates Announces Job Openings in Dubai Salary 7000 Dirhams
As research and technology advance, more and more positions in science, technology, and business are available at various Canadian companies for suitable and highly educated fellows. In addition to these educated employment types, there are many jobs in 2023 that do not require much education or experience. A lot of fruit picker jobs in Canada are now available with visa sponsorship for all international applicants looking to earn a good living in a developed country like Canada.
Today, we have another fantastic fruit harvesting employment opportunity in Canada with visa sponsorship, namely the Grapes harvesting employment. According to Statista’s agricultural statistics, the area farmed for grape production has increased from 30.93 thousand acres of land to 34.16 acres of land. Let’s go into the specifics of Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship in 2023.
Details of Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
- Job title: Fruit Picker.
- Location: Canada.
- Job Industry: Farm/ Agriculture Jobs
- Job Type: Full-Time/Part-time.
- Duty Hours: 28 to 40 hours per week.
- Experience Required: Will be preferred.
- Knowledge Required: Not High.
- Expected Salary: Up to CAD 15-20 per hour.
- Age Limit: 18 onwards (19 in some Canadian provinces).
Requirements of Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
- There is no minimum education requirement, but individuals with a secondary (high school) diploma are preferred by some employers.
- Must be at least 18 years old, or 19 in some Canadian provinces such as Alberta.
- There is no minimum experience requirement, but some firms want at least one year of experience.
- To work legally in Canada, the candidate must have a clean criminal record.
- Before immigration, the candidate must have a medical examination.
- To be eligible for visa sponsorship, the individual must be able to work lawfully in Canada and meet all immigration requirements.
Benefits of Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada 2023
According to different random job advertising on the internet, the following are some of the usual perks and advantages provided by employers:
- Visa sponsorship and procurement assistance are available.
- Assistance with Relocation.
- Candidates are not required to pay application costs, and the Canadian embassy in their native country assists them in obtaining visas and other necessary paperwork.
- Many firms provide free housing near the job site, and some provide free one-time meals or subsidized meals. Some employers provide relocation assistance.
- Some companies provide subsidized transportation programs.
- Attractive Salary Package, ranging from CAD 15-20 per hour.
- Employee long-term benefits, employee social benefits, and other perks.
- During their stay in Canada, all employees and farm laborers will be provided with medical insurance. This insurance will cover all of your medical, injury, and accident expenditures.
- Working guidelines in the Canadian Agriculture industry provide that after three years of working as a fruit picker in Canada for one specific company, the employer will apply for permanent residency on your behalf. After that, you will be able to invite your family.
- A large job market exists since Canada is strong in fruit production and has many natural fields, orchards, and man-made greenhouses.
- Grapes are commonly grown in major Canadian cities and regions.
Famous Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
The rising demand from Canadian and American retailers and customers for a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables all year round is driving the rise of the North American greenhouse business. The following fruits are grown in the greatest amounts in Canadian greenhouses. As a result, a new immigrant looking for work in the Canadian Fruit Picking Sector should look for work at the following fruit farms:
Canada is well-known around the world for its fresh, year-round greenhouse fruit output. Aside from natural fields and orchards of fresh fruits and vegetables, there are numerous man-made greenhouses to satisfy the needs of retailers and consumers. Canada is also the only North American country that publishes annual official government figures on greenhouse fruit output, according to Agriculture.ca.
- Spartan Apples.
- Saskatoon Serviceberry.
- Easy-peel Citrus Products.
According to the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, the country produced approximately 101,095.0 tonnes of grapes in 2020. According to a 2022 study provided by the United States Department of Agriculture, grape output in Canada climbed from 2,200 metric tonnes in 2021 to 2,750 metric tonnes in 2022. Ontario, the country’s leading grape grower, produces 60% to 70% of all Canadian grape production.
According to a USDA report issued in 2022, domestic grape consumption was 18,750 metric tonnes in 2021. According to Statistics Canada, around 2.58 kg of grapes were consumed per person in 2021. According to Statistics Canada, grape imports in the country climbed from 210,323 metric tonnes in 2019 to 212,411 metric tonnes in 2020. As a result, the country’s increasing grape production and consumption are propelling the table grape industry forward.
Responsibilities of a Grape Picker
- Grape picking in the fields and orchards.
- Sort the clean pieces from the decaying and broken ones.
- Place the grapes in the appropriate cartons.
- The packages should be labeled.
- Weighing each fruit carton before loading it into the truck.
- Grape trees are manually cultivated and pruned.
- Orchard maintenance includes weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the dirt, and other tasks.
- Thinning grape bunches off the trees by hand.
- Before harvest, bins are placed in the orchard.
- Cleaning up the orchard.
- Repairing and discarding old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out overripe or rotting grapes.
- Ladders weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Load chosen fruits and vegetables into containers with care to avoid any damage.
- Some pickers must also drive tractors or other vehicles to transport fruit and vegetables to the packaging facility.
Average Salary of a Grape Picker in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
The typical wage of an entry-level grape-picker is determined by numerous factors other than his experience, such as where he is working, the employer’s salary guidelines, geography, shift timing, and so on. According to Ca Talent, the typical wage for a security guard in Canada ranges between CAD 27,719 and CAD 30,225 per year, or between CAD 18 and CAD 18 per hour. Given that this employer pays you an hourly rate of CAD 15-20, this employer is paying you fairly, according to these survey figures (gathered from random employers and employees across Canada).
How to Apply for More Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
- You will be directed to the official job search portal by clicking on the link below; use the application option provided underneath the job description.
- You can also use the search box and the location box to narrow down your job search results. Fill in the blanks with your work title, such as “Farm Jobs in Canada for Foreigners/with Visa Sponsorship”, “Farm Jobs in Canada for Working Holiday Workers”, “Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship”, or “Agriculture Jobs in Canada for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship.”
- Select Tasmania, Australia from the location bar to the right of the search box.
- It is preferable to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter in accordance with current market trends, as your employer may notice the layout/presentation.
- Examine the job posting’s specifics, such as the job description, employment prerequisites, job responsibilities, and so on.
- Before applying, make sure you meet all of the prerequisites. Examine the job description and its requirements thoroughly.
- Click the “Online Application” option to the right.
- Fill out the required information and submit the application.
- Check to see whether you received a confirmation email for your job application.
Frequently Asked Questions