IT Support Engineer Jobs in Canada 2023: Earn between $50 and $60 per hour as an IT support engineer at The Ian Martin Group in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
One of the biggest Canadian banks is looking for a contract “IT Support Engineer” in Toronto, ON. This person will be in charge of delivering key technology solutions for mission-critical applications and systems, as well as supporting production and helping users every day. This job will collaborate with all technology and support teams, as well as interact with technology teams across lines of business, in order to exchange and implement expertise and best practices.
Details About IT Support Engineer Jobs in Canada 2023
You should be able to do the following as an IT support engineer:
- Collaborate with the technology team to establish, enhance, and measure application support utilising contemporary software development methods such as Agile, Continuous Delivery, and DevOps.
- Implement and support scalable systems and cloud-based solutions (both internal and external) within the organization.
- Work on applications and implementations of big data
- Work as a member of the DevOps team on user stories with the ability to influence and implement nonfunctional support requirements such as performance testing, monitoring, alerting, resiliency, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Provide coverage that may necessitate a shift or rotation and weekend work.
- ownership of all issues raised by the operation team until resolution, regardless of which team or vendor eventually handles the issue.
- Raise JIRA or defect reports for code modifications or corrections to AD or Vendor (as applicable).
- Also, the candidate must be able to check any problems with reports or requests to run business reports on the spot.
- Participate in and manage Incident Management and Problem Management processes to handle production problems and conduct root cause analysis, resolution, and reporting.
- Maintain a database of known flaws, problems, processes, procedures, etc.
- Update and appropriately manage trouble tickets.
- After application updates and/or releases, do deployments and post-release testing.
- Desktop testing should be done in disaster recovery environments.
Knowledge and Experience
- 10+ years of applicable experience
- Experience working in a cluster or grid setting Expertise with Linux and Unix Knowledge
- A familiarity with HDFS, Yarn, Hive, Zookeeper, and MapReduce
- Experience with Monitoring Tools Used for Monitoring Stack Administration
- Knowledge of the operation of the following services Kafka, Ranger, and Knox
- Awareness of Docker, UCP, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Jira/Confluence or comparable applications
Skills & Competencies:
IT-Support Engineers must have operational competence in troubleshooting, system capacity, bottlenecks, and the fundamentals of memory, CPU, kernel, and storage.
Expertise in scripting (Bash, Python, and Perl)
About The Ian Martin Group
The Ian Martin Group specializes in engineering and technical, information technology, and telecommunications recruiting and hiring technology to assist businesses of all kinds in “hiring better.” It was established by Since 1957, when it was founded by engineers to serve the demands of the industry, the Ian Martin Group has been family-owned and wholly Canadian.
We are a recognized B Corporation, which means that we meet rigorous requirements that assess our impact on employees, customers, the community, and the environment. We will assign you a team leader who will serve as your point of contact for understanding your project’s requirements. They will mobilize our dedicated industry recruiters, who will advocate for your narrative and employment opportunities in the talent market. You choose the consultant you wish to hire, and we will assist them as they help you deliver.
People Also Ask
What credentials are required to become an IT support engineer?
You must be able to collaborate effectively with others.
computer operating systems, hardware, and software expertise.
skills in critical thinking.
engineering science and technology knowledge
to be meticulous and attentive to detail.
customer service capabilities.
good verbal communication abilities.
What is the wage for IT support?
IT Support Specialist salaries in India range from 2.3 lakhs to 12.0 lakhs per year, with an annual salary of 5.2 lakhs being the average.
What is the most in-demand IT skill in Canada?
It is among the most sought-after skills in Canada. This is due to the growing need for web developers and software engineers as mobile and web app penetration increases. If you have experience in coding or programming, finding a job in this field will be easy.