Jobs In Switzerland For Foreigners 2023: As a result, it is perfect for foreigners who want to relocate and take up a new position to use this article to find their dream job.
Switzerland has an unusually high standard of living, a stable economy, and minimal unemployment, and foreigners are welcome to apply.
Switzerland has been named the finest country in the world to live and work in, with most positions providing high living standards and competitive pay.
- The Swiss labor market welcomes foreigners looking for work in many sections of the country; nonetheless, competition for places is fierce.
- Continue reading to learn all of the requirements and open job positions for foreigners in 2023/2024.
Work Requirements for Foreigners in Switzerland
To work in Switzerland, most foreign nationals need a work permit. The method for acquiring a visa is determined by your nationality and the nature of your employment.
Members of the EU (European Union) / EFTA (European Free Trade Association) may work in Switzerland for up to three months or ninety days per calendar year.
Then you do not require a work visa; nonetheless, your employer must register your paid employment in Switzerland through the short-term work notification procedure at least one day before the engagement begins.
Check Also: Unskilled Jobs in Finland with Visa Sponsorship 2023
As a result, if you are not a citizen of an EU/EFTA member state, you must get a work visa before contacting Switzerland.
Switzerland has four official languages: German, Italian, French, and Romansh. Job openings in the four languages can be posted depending on the area and job.
Your CV and cover letter should be provided in the language used to advertise the position you are applying for.
Even while filling out the application, unless instructed otherwise, it is best to do it in the language in which the application is written.
Foreign Employment Opportunities in Switzerland
The following are the currently available and open positions in Switzerland for foreigners in 2023/2024:
In Switzerland, chefs are needed to lead, mentor, and manage a culinary crew, as well as conceive and organize menus, recipes, and daily specials.
Foreigners are encouraged to apply for this position since it is in high demand in Switzerland, and it offers excellent chances and a competitive income.
In Switzerland, the average salary for a Chef is roughly 75,700 CHF per year. Wages range from 34,800 CHF (the lowest) to 120,000 CHF (the highest) (highest).
The following organizations are looking for chefs:
- 5* hotel in Luzern, Switzerland Marriott Hotels resorts Chasa Montana Hotel & Spa (from June 2023 or by appointment)
- Gastronet.ch Hangl – Hotel Post Samnaun
- Marriott International, Inc., The Ritz-Carlton, and numerous others
There are numerous hotel jobs in Switzerland available for foreigners, based on their talents and credentials as determined by the hiring hotel.
The average income for hotel workers in Switzerland ranges from 2,541.00 CHF (lowest salary) to 5,053.00 CHF (maximum salary) (highest average, the maximum wage is higher).
This is the overall monthly salary, including bonuses; however, wages vary greatly amongst employment positions.
Hotel jobs in Switzerland include a wide range of positions, such as:
- Domestic Couple (Housekeeper & Allrounder/Handyman) Executive Pastry Chef Mixologist SPA Attendant Waiter Domestic Couple (Housekeeper & Allrounder/Handyman)
- Doorman (H/F) Director of Sales (H/F) Thank you, Ambassador.
- Greetings, Agent (Front Desk Agent)
- Expert Transport Agent Help (Services)
- Western Switzerland Administrative Assistant Account Manager
- Manager of Brands in Switzerland
- Hotel Customer Service Representative With Deutsch Thai Or Asian Chef And Service (Couple Or Single)
There are no hotel possibilities in Switzerland that foreigners cannot obtain, and rest certain that as you read, I will direct you on how to apply for all of the jobs mentioned in this post.
Careers for Nurses
There are many medical jobs in Switzerland, including internships for foreigners who speak English; therefore, if this is your field of specialization and you want to move to Switzerland to start your career, you should apply for one of these positions.
Switzerland offers good compensation for healthcare workers, but you must meet the prerequisites and criteria before applying for any of the positions listed below.
Among the open positions are:
- Residency in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia for Medical Professionals
- Internship in Integrated Healthcare Services – Cancer (M/F/D) Senior Market Research Analyst Medical Information Specialist Senior Global Medical Science Director 12 months beginning July 20, 2023
There are over 925 results for online jobs in Switzerland for both domestic and foreign citizens, some of which are mentioned here;
Switzerland Media Search Analyst Switzerland Commercial Marketing Manager, Oncology – Switzerland Digital Marketing Manager Android Software Engineer
In Switzerland, an internet worker normally earns roughly 129,000 CHF per year. Wages range from 89,100 CHF (lowest average) to 194,000 CHF (highest average).
Foreigners, international students, and domestic citizens are all welcome and encouraged to apply for cashier employment in Switzerland.
In Switzerland, the average salary for a Cashier is CHF 35,983 per year and CHF 17 per hour. A Cashier’s average income ranges from CHF 28,181 to CHF 42,016.
Generic Cashier Roles
- Cash registers are used to manage customer transactions.
- Scan the goods to check the pricing is correct.
- Collect payments in cash or on credit.
- Provide receipts, refunds, revisions, or tickets as needed.
- Stamps and coupons can be redeemed.
Cross-sell and introduce new products.
Vacancies are required.
Front Office Supervisor Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Clerk Comptable, among other things.
Nannies are needed in numerous regions in Switzerland, including Saanen, Zurich, Sevelen, Wollerau, Geneva, Zug, and others.
You will be assigned to care for two to three children, or more if necessary, and an attractive salary and sometimes accommodation will be provided.
In Switzerland, the average salary for a Nanny is roughly 51,100 CHF per year. Wages range from 23,500 CHF (the lowest) to 81,200 CHF (the highest) (highest).
- Providing a secure and interesting environment for children.
- Meal planning, food preparation, and feeding the children are all part of the job.
- Play both inside and outside.
- Other Foreigner Employment in Switzerland
- Factory Work
- Driver Jobs, Chocolate Jobs, Receptionist Jobs, Warehouse Jobs, Manager Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Supermarket Jobs, Financial Jobs, Engineer Jobs, and Chef Jobs are all available.
- There are numerous government jobs available, as well as many others.
Foreign Workers’ Wages in Switzerland
The Gross Median Wage is 6,354 CHF a month, which is excellent given that salaries in Switzerland are among the highest in the world.
How To Apply For Jobs As A Foreigner In Switzerland
The steps are as follows:
- To apply, go to the website.
- Fill in the blanks with your information.
- Fill in your email address, phone number, and so on (if necessary)
- On the website, enter your desired job title and location.
- You can search for the available openings on the job board and apply from there.
Frequently Asked Questions