Mental Health Nurse Jobs in Canada: The Fort Nelson First Nation, located in Fort Nelson, British Columbia, is looking for self-motivated candidates with strong interpersonal skills to fill the position of Mental Health Nurse. The successful individual will be needed to begin work as soon as feasible. The postings pertain to permanent or full-time work. The candidate will be expected to work day shift hours.
Details About Mental Health Nurse Jobs in Canada:
Employer Name: Fort Nelson First Nation
Position: Mental health nurse
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $35.73 to $48.02 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Fort Nelson, BC
- The candidate must evaluate patients in order to choose the most suitable nursing interventions.
- The applicant must collaborate to plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate patient care.
- The candidate will be in charge of carrying out health education programs.
- The candidate is required to dispense and administer recommended medications and treatments.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor, assess, treat, document, and report patient symptoms and condition changes.
- Participation in community needs assessment and program development will be needed from the candidate.
- The candidate would be expected to provide advice on issues concerning the nursing profession and nursing practice.
- The applicant must administer nursing care.
- The candidate must provide life skills counseling and programming.
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- The applicant must possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- The ideal candidate will have at least two to three years of relevant experience.
- The candidate must be able to oversee three to four employees.
- The candidate must possess a Mental Health First Aid Certification, a CPR Certification, be eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in the province or territory of employment, a First Aid Certification, and be licensed as a registered nurse by provincial or territorial authorities.
- The candidate must be precise.
- The candidate should prioritize the client.
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal abilities.
- The candidate must have superior verbal and written communication abilities.
- The candidate must be well-organized and adaptable.
- The candidate must have the ability to act independently.
- The candidate should possess sound judgment.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate must be an effective team player.
Check Also: Paramount Hotel Jobs in Dubai 2023 – Apply Here
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be detail-oriented.
- The candidate must be willing to bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must complete tasks requiring manual dexterity.
- The individual must be willing to sit for extended periods of time.
Benefits of Mental Health Nurse Jobs in Canada:
- The selected candidate will receive health insurance and long-term benefits.
- Under Health Benefits, the successful candidate will receive a Dental Plan, Disability Benefits, Health Care Plan, and Vision Care Benefits.
- The successful candidate will receive life insurance and a pension plan under Long-Term Benefits.
How to Apply for Mental Health Nurse Jobs in Canada?
If you are interested in applying, please use one of the options provided.
People Also Ask:
Are nurses in mental health in demand in Canada?
For the period 2019-2028, new job opportunities for registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses are expected to total 191,100 (due to expansion and replacement demand), with 154,600 new job seekers (due to school leavers, immigration, and mobility) available to fill them.
How to work in Canada as a mental health nurse
They consist of:
A recent graduate of an accredited psychiatric nursing education program
I passed the Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Canada (RPNC) exam.
Have worked at least 1400 hours in the practice of psychiatric nursing or its equivalent during the preceding five (5) years.