Restaurant Worker Jobs in Austria: For many people, working in a restaurant is a dream job because most restaurant occupations are simple and anyone can do them. It is ideal for unskilled workers, and as a foreigner, they can earn a good living in the European country of Austria. Furthermore, if you are lawfully working in Austria with a valid work permit, you might receive numerous perks.
We provide detailed instructions on how to apply for restaurant worker employment in Austria as a foreigner. Certain restaurants may sponsor visas for international workers wanting to travel to Austria for work.
Details of Restaurant Worker Jobs in Austria for foreigners 2023
- Job Country: Austria
- Job title: Restaurant Worker Jobs in Austria
- Job Type: Full time
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Relocation: Yes
- Accommodation: Yes
- Salary: €8.42 per hour
- Financial stability
- Professional development
- Social interaction
- Personal fulfillment
- Health benefits
Duties of Restaurant Worker
- Welcoming guests: As the initial point of contact for customers, restaurant employees should be nice, courteous, and professional when greeting them.
- Taking orders: Restaurant employees are responsible for accurately entering customer orders into the point-of-sale (POS) system.
- Providing food and drinks: Restaurant employees should serve food and drinks in a timely and accurate manner, meeting customer expectations and quality requirements.
- Cleaning and setting tables: Restaurant employees should keep the dining space clean and tidy by clearing tables, washing dishes, and setting tables.
- Customer service: Restaurant employees should be educated about the menu and be able to respond to customers’ queries and concerns.
- Handling payments: Restaurant employees should be able to accurately handle cash and credit card payments.
- Following health and safety regulations: Restaurant staff must follow health and safety regulations to guarantee that the food and surroundings are safe for customers and employees.
- Collaboration with coworkers: Restaurant employees should collaborate with their coworkers to maintain seamless operations and client pleasure.
In Austria, the minimum wage is set by legislation and is changed on a regular basis by the government. The gross minimum wage in Austria is €1,700 per month or €10.10 per hour for employees aged 19 and up as of January 2023. The minimum pay for employees under the age of 19 is €1,417.50 per month or €8.42 per hour.
Requirements of Restaurant Worker Jobs in Austria
- Work permit: To work legally in Austria as a foreigner, you must have a valid work permit.
- Education and qualifications: For some jobs, employers may require a specific degree of education, experience, and qualifications. A certain degree, qualification, or training may be required.
- Linguistic abilities: Depending on the profession and the employer, you may be expected to speak one or more languages, such as German or English.
- Resume/CV: As part of the job application process, a well-written and updated resume or curriculum vitae (CV) are frequently expected. Your relevant work experience, education, abilities, and qualifications should be highlighted in your CV.
- A cover letter, which should introduce yourself, explain why you are interested in the job, and showcase your skills and relevant experience, may also be necessary.
- Companies may ask for references from prior employers, coworkers, or teachers who can attest to your abilities and work ethic.
- Additional documents: Depending on the position and the company, you may be required to submit extra documents such as a copy of your passport, proof of address, or a criminal background check.
How to Apply for restaurant Worker Jobs in Austria for foreigners 2023
- Search for job posts on online job boards, company websites, and social media channels. You can also contact local employment agencies or recruiting firms that specialize in placing workers in the industry you want to work in.
- Examine the job requirements: To understand the job requirements, qualifications, and duties, thoroughly read the job posting. Before applying, make sure you meet the requirements.
- Prepare your application materials as follows: Revise your resume or curriculum vitae (CV), and write a cover letter emphasizing your qualifications and experience. Be certain that your application materials are matched the work specifications.
- Send your application to To submit your application, follow the procedures in the job ad. Filling out an online application form or delivering your application documents through email or mail may be required.
- Following up: Wait for a response from the employer after submitting your application. If you haven’t heard back from the employer within a few days or weeks, you might contact them to check about the status of your application.
- If you are asked to an interview, prepare by researching the company and the job, practicing common interview questions, and dressing professionally.
- Participate in the interview: Attend the interview on time, bring copies of your résumé or CV, and be prepared to answer questions about your qualifications and experience.
- After the interview, write a thank-you note or email to the interviewer, expressing your continued interest in the position.