Non-Chinese students have the opportunity to study in China for free Scholarships in China Beijing Municipal Government 2023. These scholarships are comparable to CSC (China Scholarship Council) scholarships, CAS-TWAS scholarships, and any other Chinese scholarship in that the recipient’s education is subsidized by the Chinese government. There are only a few months left before millions of international students will have access to China’s scholarships. Therefore, prepare now to apply for China Government Scholarships by gathering the necessary materials.
The scholarships provide students with funding for the academic year 2023-2024. The fund is approximately 35,000,000 Chinese yuan in value (about 5,000,000 USD). 40,000 RMB is the highest prize (about 5,700 USD). Beijing’s government is eager to recruit an increasing number of international students. This scholarship is one of the numerous other initiatives that have been undertaken to internationalize Chinese education.
Scholarships in China Beijing Municipal Government 2023 Value/Coverage:
The scholarship awarded by the government of Beijing is used to cover the recipients’ tuition costs. The scholarship value is divided into the following categories based on the level of study of the applicants:
- 40,000 RMB will be awarded annually to students pursuing doctoral degrees.
- A recipient of a master’s degree will receive 30,000 RMB annually.
- Each year, 20,000 RMB will be awarded to bachelor’s degree students.
- An annual award of 10,000 RMB will be made to students enrolled in a language program.
- Annually, 5,000 RMB will be awarded to students who contribute significantly to international education in Beijing or who are exchange students.
- Monthly Allowances and Free Housing
Types of Scholarships in China Beijing Municipal Government
- The duration of the scholarship is less than four years for applicants applying to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs at Beijing universities.
- The grant lasts less than a year for those who are enrolled in a program in Beijing that teaches Chinese or another relevant subject.
- The grant lasts less than a year for people who are enrolled in any specialized program at a college or university in Beijing.
- Exchange students and students who have made important contributions to international education have less than a year to stay in Beijing universities.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships in China Beijing Municipal Government
The applicants are encouraged to carefully review the eligibility criteria to determine whether or not they are qualified to apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates must be fluent in the language in which their intended degree program is taught. This differs from program to program and institution to institution.
- The applicants must be healthy and non-Chinese.
- Bachelor’s degree applicants must have graduated from high school with honors and be younger than 30 years old.
- Applicants to a master’s program must possess a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and be younger than 35 years old.
- If you want to get a Ph.D. in Beijing, you must have a master’s degree in a related field and be younger than 40.
- Applicants for graduate study must hold a bachelor’s degree or be in at least their second year of college. These candidates must be younger than 50 years old.
- Those who want to join a language program must have a high school diploma and be under the age of sixty.
- Visitors to Beijing must hold a master’s degree or higher and academic titles such as an associate professor or higher. They must be younger than fifty years old.
- The people who want to apply must meet the requirements of the institution and program they want to join.
- Applicants cannot be receiving any other Chinese government scholarship at the time of their application for the Beijing government scholarship.
How to Apply for the Scholarships in China Beijing Municipal Government?
Step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the Beijing Government Scholarship:
- Determine whether your subject is offered at a Beijing-based university after selecting one.
- After selecting your desired university, visit its website and examine the section labeled “Scholarships for International Students.”
- Find Beijing Municipal Government Scholarships in that section. Here is the complete procedure for applying for a scholarship through this particular university. In addition to the application form and required documents list, the link will also contain the application form.
Chinese Government Scholarships Offered by Beijing Universities in 2023
- University of Beijing Forestry
- The China Central Academy of Art
- Beijing Chinese Medicine University
- Institute of Fashion Technology in Beijing
- China Political Science and Legal Studies University
- University of Beijing-Jiaotong
- International College of Business and Economics
- China’s College of Agriculture
- Institute of Graphic Communication in Beijing
- The Beijing Institute for Electronic Science and Technology
- Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Engineering
- College of Medicine, Peking Union
- Finance and Economics University Central
- Security for the People China’s University.
- Beijing Technological Institute
- Normal College of Beijing
- Beijing Capital University of Physical Education and Sports China University of Petroleum Institute of Science and Technology
- National Academy of Chinese Theater Arts
- Tsinghua University of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Beijing University
- Communication University of China’s Institute of Foreign Affairs
- The Beijing Wuzi University and the North China Electric Power University
- University of Beijing Union
- China University of Labor Relations Capital University of Business and Economics
- China Musical Conservatory
- Beihang University is the China Youth University for Political Science.
- Posts and Telecommunications University of Beijing
- The Technical University of Shougang
- The Chemical Technology University of Beijing
- The China Geosciences University The Beijing Normal University
- Beijing Geely University and the Peking University Central Conservatory of Music
- The University of Chinese Language and Culture
- Beijing Film Academy
- Beijing Agricultural University Renmin University of China
- The University of Beijing for Information Science and Technology
- International Studies University
- Beijing’s Institute for International Studies
- Beijing Technological University
- The China Women’s University and the North China University of Technology
- College of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Medical College of the District
- Minzu University of China, Beijing Dance Academy
- University of Beijing Sport
- The Central Academy of Theatre Arts
- The University of Beijing for Technology and Business
- Beijing Foreign Studies University
- City University of Beijing
List of Documents You Need to Submit Application for Beijing Government Scholarship:
- Scholarships in Beijing Application forms can be obtained either directly from the university or by downloading them from the university’s website. The applicants are required to fill out the form carefully before submitting it.
- the highest degree or diploma obtained (certified copy)
- Evidence of proficiency in Chinese or English
- Recommendation letters (at least two)
- Objective assertion (SOP)
- Cover letter and passport copy transcripts and copies of all other degrees
- Only those applicants who intend to study in China for at least six months are required to submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Applicants who are applying to a degree program or a research-based program are required to submit a study plan or a research proposal, respectively. The study plan should be less than 400 words, while the research proposal should be less than 800.
- Applicants applying to programs related to music, fine arts, media studies, etc. must submit their work samples.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must also submit the legal documentation of their parents or guardians.
- After preparing all of the required materials, applicants can attach them to the application form and mail them to the address provided by the university of their choice.
Applicants may submit their materials to any Beijing-based university offering a Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship in one of the following ways:
- The Office of the Chinese Government is responsible for sending foreign students to China.
- through the Chinese embassy or diplomatic office in the applicant’s country of residence.
- through any other office in the applicant’s home country responsible for the transmission of such documents.
- Applicants may also send their documents directly to their desired Beijing university or college.
Beijing Scholarships Application Deadline: May 30, 2023
The Beijing Scholarship is available in the disciplines of philosophy, law, economics, history, education, management, engineering, literature, art, medicine, agriculture, and science. The application deadline for the Beijing Government Scholarship will be May 30, 2023, across all Beijing-located universities.
Scholarships from the Beijing Government Grants offered in Beijing Scholarships from the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarships from the Beijing Provincial Government