Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships 2023-24: Shanghai Jiaotong University (SJTU) has opened admissions to all degree programs under the sponsorship of the China Scholarship Council and the Shanghai Jiaotong University (CSC) Scholarship. In an effort to promote cultural exchange and Chinese universities, the Chinese government annually awards international students with scholarships.
The Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC Scholarship is a prestigious Chinese award available to both undergraduate and graduate students. It can be taken in a variety of fields, but English or Chinese must be the language of instruction. Additionally, 274 additional Chinese institutions of higher education offer CSC Scholarships annually.
By visiting the China Scholarship Council’s online portal, applicants can initiate the application process. The Shanghai Jiaotong University scholarship is one of the most popular and sought-after scholarship programs in China, comparable to the Confucius Scholarship, the Schwarzman Scholarship, the Jiangsu Presidential Scholarship Awards, the CAS-TWAS Scholarships, and so on.
Prospective recipients of the CSC scholarship at Shanghai Jiaotong University have two options:
- Applicants have the option of applying to the CSC Shanghai Jiao Tong University degree program.
- Or, they may submit an application through the Chinese consulate in their home country.
Benefits of Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC Scholarship:
The Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC scholarship is essentially a fully-funded grant that covers all of the recipient’s expenses, including tuition, housing, living expenses, medical insurance, and so on. The awards are categorized according to the recipient’s degree level. They are:
- Recipients enrolled in an undergraduate program will receive a monthly stipend of 2500 RMB in addition to free housing and a tuition waiver.
- Applicants to master’s degree programs will receive a 3,000 RMB monthly stipend and a tuition waiver. Room and board are also included.
- A monthly stipend of 3,500 RMB will be provided for the living expenses of doctoral students. There are no fees associated with tuition or housing for the students. Free on-campus housing is provided for all recipients.
CSC Scholarships at Shanghai Jiaotong University SJTU 2023:
If a potential applicant for the Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC scholarship has a letter of acceptance from a professor at a Chinese university, the candidate’s chances of receiving the CSC scholarship increase significantly.
Students are not required to receive an admission letter; this is merely a ruse. Following is the complete application process for the Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC scholarship program via the CSC online platform.
- Google the website of the International Student Office at Shanghai Jiaotong University.
- Locate CSC Scholarships by navigating to the Shanghai Jiaotong University website’s scholarship section.
- Commence filling out an online application through the CSC’s scholarship application portal.
- You must now submit two applications: one on the website of Shanghai Jiaotong University for admission and the other on the CSC Scholarship Portal for scholarship requests.
- Fill in the blanks on the provided admission and scholarship application form.
- Choose category B for CSC scholarship eligibility.
- Select Shanghai Jiaotong University and enter its agency number from the drop-down menu.
- Submit the CSC application, and then download the form you have submitted for your own use.
- Gather all of the required attachments.
- If you need to send in an application form for Shanghai Jiaotong University, please do so and also download the PDF version.
- Determine if there is an application fee at Shanghai Jiaotong University. If so, it has been submitted.
- Include all supporting documentation with the downloaded application form.
- Send the documents to the office for international students at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- Check the Shanghai Jiaotong University website for the CSC scholarship results.
- Again, if the candidate already has a letter of acceptance from a professor at his or her desired university, there is a greater likelihood that he or she will be chosen.
How to fill out the Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC Scholarship application form:
- Create a personal profile or account on the CSC’s website.
- Complete the provided online application form.
- If you wish to apply to multiple universities in order to increase your chances of being accepted, you should create additional accounts in your name.
- Take note of the agency number of the college to which you are applying or wish to gain admission.
- Include this agency number on the application form.
- Choose the type of CSC scholarship you want based on how much education you have.
- The remaining details must be filled in.
- Submit the form.
- After submission, download the form.
Here’s what you need to do to apply for the CSC Scholarship at SJTU in 2023:
- Details about each document that must be sent with the application form are listed on the online platform for the scholarship.
- For convenience, here are the documents that all universities require: at least two recommendation letters; all previous degrees; transcripts; a China scholarship application form for CSC; an attested copy of the passport; a study plan for graduate students; an SOP (statement of purpose) from undergraduate applicants; a research plan or proposal from potential Ph.D. candidates; and an acceptance letter from the university (preferably IELTS or TOEFL).
- Check to see if the university you want to attend needs a separate application on top of the CSC application form.
- If you don’t have to send in a separate application, just send the CSC form and the other documents to the university.
- If the university needs an early application or wants to look at your documents online before they get the hard copies, submit the documents online along with your application.
- On the application form, there will be a section asking for the name of the scholarship sponsor or guarantor; write “CSC Scholarship” in that space.
- Before submitting your application, conduct a final review.
- Apply for the position. Also, submit your documents to the international students’ office of your chosen college or university.
SJTU-CSC Scholarships 2023 Application Submission:
- Ensure that you submit verifiable copies of all of your degrees and transcripts on the CSC Scholarship website and the university website (in case the university wants you to submit a separate application).
- Request that at least two of your former professors write letters of recommendation for you. The purpose of a strong letter of recommendation is to strengthen your application.
- It is optional to have a letter of acceptance from a professor at the institution of your choice. However, obtaining one may increase your chances of being awarded the scholarship. It indicates that the professors of your desired program view you as a suitable candidate and will be pleased to enroll you.
- The importance of documents such as a cover letter, study plan, statement of purpose, and research proposal cannot be overstated. All levels require at least one of the aforementioned documents. Ensure that you prepare these documents with added care.
- In addition, the IELTS or TOEFL scores for language proficiency are crucial. Request a certificate indicating that your previous degree was taught in English from your previous institution. Include this certificate with your IELTS results. This will improve your application.
- Consult the Chinese Embassy in order to obtain a China Student Visa in order to study in China once the scholarship has been awarded. After obtaining the visa, you will be prepared to embark on your educational journey in China.
SJTU Scholarship Application Deadline:
The application deadline for the Chinese Scholarship for the class of 2023-2024 at Shanghai Jiaotong (SJTU) University is February 15, 2023. While applications for round 1 may be submitted until December 15, 2022,