Singapore Work Visa Application Process 2023: Are you looking for work opportunities in Singapore? If yes! Today we bring you the opportunity to work with the system with best opportunities, high salaries and much more. Singapore is the second most beautiful country in the world. Singapore attracts a large number of foreigners every year. Today in this post, we will discuss the Singapore work visa types and application process. All candidates who wish to settle in Singapore are encouraged to go through this post and read all the details, and apply for a work visa.
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) Singapore reported that more than 1.3 million foreign workers joined Singapore’s workforce in 2018. Every country provides work visa to its employees. Singapore also offers jobs and work visas for jobs. In Singapore, a work permit is called a pass. All candidates interested in working in Canada must obtain a work pass.
Singapore has different types of work visas, depending on the job position you are applying for. do not worry; We will discuss all types of passes in this post below, so stay tuned, read the complete post, and apply accordingly.
Singapore Work Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: Singapore
- Eligible Countries: International Students
- Program: Singapore Work Visa
Types of Singapore Work Pass (visa).
Singapore workpasses are divided into the following categories:
- Work visa for trainees and students.
- Work visa for professionals.
- Short-term work passes.
- Work visa for skilled and semi-skilled workers.
Check Also: Working Visa Information in Saudi Arabia 2023
#1. Singapore Work visas for Professionals.
In this category, you can get a work visa if you are a professional worker. These are divided into the following categories;
- The Employment Pass is available to foreign executives, managers and professionals. You can earn at least $3,600 per month.
- A Personal Employment Pass is available to high-income foreigners or existing Employment Pass holders. This pass is more flexible than others.
- Entrepass – This pass is available for entrepreneurs or investors who want to start a business in Singapore.
#2. Work Visas for Semi-Skilled and Skilled workers.
Semi-skilled and skilled workers can apply for the following Singapore passes. As;
- S Pass – This pass is available to mid-level skilled workers who will earn at least $2300 per month. Foreign worker quotas and levies apply.
- Work Permit for Foreign Workers – This pass is only available to international workers from certain countries. This worker will only be allowed to work in certain areas such as; Manufacturing, construction, and process services sector. Levy and Foreign Workers Quota apply.
- Work Permit for Foreign Domestic Workers (FDW) – This pass is available to workers from Cambodia, Bangladesh, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Macau. Age should be between 23-50 years.
- Work Permit for Detained Nannies – This pass is available to Malaysian nannies who can pay the foreign worker levy. This is a 16 week pass.
- Work Permit for Performing Artists – This pass is available to artists who wish to perform in Singapore. The performances will take place in places like bars, outlets, hotels and nightclubs. Levy and Foreign Workers Quota apply.
#3. Singapore Work Visas for trainees and students.
These Singapore work visas are available for students or trainees who want to study in Singapore. As;
- Training Employment Pass – This pass is available to foreign trainees who wish to undertake training. It trains in Singapore. This is a 3 month pass. Levy and Foreign Workers Quota are not applicable.
- Working Holiday Pass – This pass is available to residents of Singapore under the Working Holiday Programme. Countries include; France, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong, UK, USA and Germany. Age should be between 18-25. This pass is valid for six months. You can only get it once in your life.
- Training Work Permit – This pass is available to semi-skilled and unskilled international students or trainees who wish to undergo training in Singapore. Six months have passed.
#4. Short-term Work Passes.
All foreign workers who wish to visit Singapore for a short period of time can apply for this pass. Journalists and speakers at public events can apply for a miscellaneous work pass. It is 60 days.
How to Apply for Singapore Work Pass (work visa)?
For a work visa, every candidate needs a job first. Then, they can apply for a work visa.
You can apply for a work visa or work pass from your employment agency or employer. You can issue your work visa through EP Online. This application service can be found in the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
Follow the simple steps for the application process.
- Find a job in Singapore.
- Your employer will issue you a work visa or pass.
- Your employer will receive an in-principle approval letter. which will be used later to enter the application.
- If your pass is approved, you will be notified.
- You must register at the Employment Pass Service Center within two months.
- Within four working days, you will receive your working pass.
Today in this post we have discussed all the details regarding Singapore Work Visa for Foreigners. Candidates looking for career opportunities in Singapore should go through this post and check the requirements and application process for work visa. We hope this post was useful for you, good luck!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is work visa open for Singapore?
Indian nationals who are qualified and skilled and willing to work in Singapore can obtain a work permit, provided they are employed by an employer or an Employment Agent (EA).
Can I apply for a Singapore visa myself?
Singapore visa for Indians is an online process. However, you cannot apply online for a Singapore visa in person. Only authorized agents and strategic partners can process your Singapore visa online on your behalf. Can I visit Singapore without a visa?