TELUS Health Jobs in Canada 2023: TELUS Health MyCareTM, formerly known as Babylon by TELUS Health, gives Canadians the ability to take charge of their own health as well as the health of their loved ones. This is accomplished by providing digital health monitoring tools in addition to consultations with a family doctor, mental health counselor, and dietitian, all of which are accessed through an app on a user’s smartphone. This smartphone software and service completely changes the way that people in Canada can gain access to medical treatment. To enhance the digital lives of Canadians by providing innovative integrated solutions that span both our wireline and wireless lines of business is also a central tenet of our Home Solutions strategy.
Details About TELUS Health Jobs in Canada 2023
|Location||North Vancouver, British Columbia, CA|
|Jobs by Category||Health|
|Job Function||Clinical / Medical|
What you’ll do:
- Status: Regular, full-time, day shift, Monday through Friday
- Location: 138 13th Street East, North Vancouver; Clinical Function
Who exactly is TELUS Health?
TELUS Health empowers every individual to live the healthiest life possible. We are creating the future of health by utilizing the power of our cutting-edge technology and focusing on the uniqueness of each individual, guided by our vision.
Simply put, our team members all over the country are connected by their desire to keep coming up with new ways to make health care more accessible and improve everyone’s health.
Together, let’s create a healthier future.
create exceptional experiences for our clients.
TELUS Health Care Centers is seeking an RN to join our exciting team in Vancouver. In our Family Health Program, registered nurses are responsible for delivering direct nursing care to clients of all ages. In addition, you will engage with family physicians and the interdisciplinary care team to assess, manage, and provide support for clients with chronic disease and/or complex health problems.
In our Executive, Occupation, and Travel Health programs, you will meet with clients one-on-one to provide them with a range of counseling, immunizations, and general health recommendations for international travel. Regarding vaccines, you will be responsible for reviewing the medical history of each client and discussing the BC Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s requirements and/or travel safety advice.
Our group and our collective accomplishments
The successful candidate will provide direct nursing support and services to clients and the interdisciplinary team, as well as help coordinate and manage their care across all of our programs. At THCC, RNs deliver safe, competent, and compassionate care while collaborating closely with the interprofessional team to provide the best quality of care.
What you’ll do:
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for providing high-quality primary health care nursing to a family practice’s patients. Focus areas include assessing treatment needs upon admission, triage, illness prevention, health promotion, vaccination and travel medicine, and the management of chronic and complex diseases. Responsibilities as an RN with a full scope of practice include the following:
- Complete, detailed health histories for all new TELUS customers
- Prioritize urgent needs, provide health education, and facilitate access to necessary services.
- triage incoming medical results and notify clients through phone and email of normal and abnormal outcomes.
- Reconciliation of medications and chart reviews
- aid physicians in doing minor operations
- Standard wound care
- Chronic and complex disease management utilizing a health coaching/case management strategy for assessing, planning, executing, and evaluating care requirements
- Travel vaccine administration and preservation of vaccine inventory
- Assist in the planning and management of annual influenza vaccination campaigns.
- Conduct basic tests of hearing, vision, and spirometry.
- Perform resting ECGs.
- Purchase medical and health supplies.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of current guidelines, practice standards, and medical directives.
- Provide great, safe, compassionate service to all clients.
- Exhibit outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
- ability to take the initiative and demonstrate proactive or preventive treatment methods Possessing a positive and results-oriented mindset
What you bring:
- BScN- Required
- Valid certification and licensing as a registered nurse
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Minimum of three years experience as a nurse (private or public sector)
- BC CDC vaccine course completion and currency are plusses.
- Knowledge of travel health and ACLS certification
- Experience in primary care or acute care is advantageous.
- Computer proficiency is an asset (EMR, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do doctors get paid by TELUS Health?
The range of doctor salaries at TELUS is between $172,041 and $185,120. This estimate is based on one or more TELUS Doctor salary report(s) provided by employees or calculated using statistical methods. Examine all doctor salaries to see how this one compares to the market average.
Is TELUS Health a desirable employer?
amazing work environment, numerous opportunities, and knowledgeable management. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to work for Telus, as it is a fantastic employer. They offer excellent and supportive management, ample prospects for promotion, and outstanding perks, including an employee assistance program (EAP).
What medical specialty is in high demand in Canada?
Every year, registered nurses rank among the most in-demand healthcare professionals for a reason. These highly trained and qualified nurses fill the gaps in the healthcare system to provide comprehensive patient care.