Visa Sponsorship jobs in Greece for Foreigners 2023! Are you a foreign ex-pat seeking work opportunities in Greece but do not know where to begin? Want to know which firms in Greece are looking for sponsorship positions? Are you curious about how to acquire a work visa for Greece?
Read More: Personal Support Worker Jobs in Canada 2023
Greece is recognized for its breathtaking scenery and thriving startup community. Non-EU and EEA nationals may find it difficult to find employment or obtain a work visa in the country.
This page includes the organizations actively recruiting in Greece for sponsorship opportunities as we guide you through the various visa sponsorship options in Greece for international people. In addition, you will learn about job hunting in Greece, the highest-paying jobs in Greece, and a great deal more. Let’s get underway!
Job Search in Greece
The labor market is in poor condition, and it is still quite difficult to find employment. Despite the improved economy, a considerable number of foreigners have lost their jobs. There were also reports of foreign nationals relocating as a result of the current issue.
Retirees and other non-working ex-pats with income sources outside the Greek economy are nevertheless urged to maintain their funds in a foreign bank account and to obtain their regular income from sources outside Greece.
Yet, if you intend to work in Greece, the Manpower Employment Agency (OAED) of the Greek government publishes a yearly list of regions and occupations for which there are insufficient eligible applicants from Greece or the rest of the EU. There are many ways to search for job openings in Greece, including internet job boards, newspaper classifieds, and staffing agencies.
What organizations are recruiting in Greece for sponsorship positions?
PwC, VoiceWeb, Sunsail, The Moorings and Leopard Catamarans, Euronet Global EFT Division, Uber, and Sunsail are presently seeking sponsorship candidates.
Greek Work Visa Types
Greece offers two types of work visas: “C” visas for short stays and “D” visas for long stays. Short-term visas allow tourists to enter or remain in the Schengen region for up to 90 days continuously, or a total of 90 days within a 180-day period. Most individuals choose this visa because:
- Family outings
- brief business excursions
- conferences, fairs, displays, or exhibits
- General or Board of Directors meetings
- offering services inside the same corporate family
To enter Greece and apply for a residence permit, employees will likely require a long-stay or D visa. This category’s maximum work visa period is one year. Anybody entering the country with a D visa must immediately apply for a residence permit.
Visa sponsorship jobs in Greece for foreigners 2023/2024
Accessible is the benefit of having a sponsoring employer for your visa and relocation expenditures. It signifies that the employer will coordinate your arrival and start date. They will submit your documentation to the immigration authorities in order to secure a work visa for you. With a valid work permit, you are permitted to legally work in the country.
- HR Assistant
- Clinical Research Manager
- Electrical Commissioning Engineer
- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Housekeeper – Room Attendant
- Registered Nurse
- Deals Senior Associate
- Cloud Solutions Engineer
- Senior Lawyer
- Salesforce Consultant
- Deals Senior Associate
- Tech Recruitment Manager
- Applications Engineer Associate
- Senior Growth Product Manager
- Senior Software Engineer
- Azure Data Engineer
- Service Desk Support Associate
- Senior Java Developer
- Senior Backend Developer
- Home Support Worker
How to Get a Work Visa for Greece
In addition to submitting an application, your personnel must compile the required documentation in order to be granted a work visa in Greece. They encompass:
- Greek or English visa application form in its entirety.
- The passport is valid for at least three months following the expiration date of the D visa.
- data page and copies of residency permits.
- A current, passport-sized, color photo that is less than six months old.
- Valid travel medical insurance during the term of the D visa.
- A certificate of fitness and health.
- A copy of the applicant’s criminal record.
After obtaining a work visa, employees must obtain a work permit in Greece in order to legally operate for their company there. You, as the employer, must have a local business license and be incorporated. You can then apply for a work permit on behalf of the employee. To live and work legally in the country, employees need simply a work permit and a long-stay visa, as work permits now also act as residency permits. Typically, work permits are location-, employer-, and occupation-specific and are valid for one year.
Top 10 in-demand occupations in Greece
You may be interested in the types of jobs that are now in demand. These professions are in high demand across the globe.
- Software developer.
- Doctors and medical practitioners.
- Sales executives.
What is a full-time job in Greece like?
The average Greek employee works 40 hours per week, or eight hours per day, throughout a five-day workweek. The workweek may be extended to 48 hours if both the employer and the employee agree.
Greece’s procedure for applying for work Visas
Within thirty days of their arrival in Greece, employees must apply for a work permit in person at the municipal office or police station in their neighborhood. The type of work they do influences the type of work permit they need, which can also affect the duration of the permit. The fundamental application procedures include:
- acquiring a social security number from the Social Security Administration and an individual taxpayer identification number from the local tax agency.
- submitting a Greek-language application for a residence permit in person or through an attorney with power of attorney.
- exhibiting a copy of a passport, visa, passport photo, proof of health insurance, and a health certificate from a state hospital.
- Proof of a local address, financial stability, and the payment of the required fee is required.