Visa Sponsorship Truck Driver Jobs in UK 2023: The UK is currently experiencing a severe shortage of truck drivers, causing significant disruption to supply chains and affecting businesses across the country. As a result, demand for truck driver jobs in the UK has increased, including opportunities for foreign workers wishing to relocate to the UK for work.
In this blog post, we will explore the topic of truck driver jobs in UK with visa sponsorship for foreigners. We will discuss the requirements to become a truck driver in the UK, the types of visas available to foreign truck drivers, and where to find truck driver jobs that offer visa sponsorship.
This is an important topic for anyone interested in working as a truck driver in the UK, as it provides an opportunity to address the current shortage and contribute to the UK economy while securing employment visa sponsorship. also gets
Overview of Truck Driver Jobs in the UK
The trucking industry in the UK is an important part of the country’s economy, as it is responsible for transporting goods across the country and ensuring that businesses have access to the goods they need. However, in recent years, there has been a growing shortage of truck drivers in the UK, causing significant disruption to supply chains and affecting businesses across the country.
The current demand for truck drivers in the UK is high, and there are not enough drivers to meet the industry’s needs. The decline is due to a combination of factors, including an aging workforce, the impact of Brexit on foreign workers, and a lack of investment in training and recruitment.
Despite the challenges, there are many benefits to becoming a truck driver in the UK. These include competitive salaries, job security, and the opportunity to travel and see different parts of the country. However, there are also challenges, such as long hours and time away from home.
Overall, the truck driving industry in the UK offers a unique and rewarding career path, with opportunities for foreign workers willing to relocate and seek employment visa sponsorship.
Different Types of Truck Driving Jobs Available in the UK
There are many different types of truck driving jobs in the UK, each with their own unique requirements, benefits and challenges. Here are some common types of truck driving jobs in the UK:
- HGV Drivers: HGV drivers transport heavy goods over long distances, often across borders. These drivers are responsible for driving larger vehicles such as articulated lorries, which can carry up to 44 tons of cargo. This type of driving job usually requires a specific HGV driving licence, and drivers must have experience driving a variety of HGV vehicles. HGV drivers often work long hours, with shifts that can last from a few days to a week or more.
- LGV Drivers: LGV drivers transport goods of various sizes and weights, including goods for supermarkets and retail stores. LGV drivers usually drive within a specific area or region, covering shorter distances than HGV drivers. This type of driving job can be a good option for people who like to stay close to home, but still want to be on the road.
- Tanker Drivers: Tanker drivers transport liquids such as fuel, chemicals or milk. These drivers are responsible for ensuring that their goods are transported safely, and may require additional training and certification. Tanker drivers often work long hours and may be required to work irregular schedules.
- Delivery Drivers: Delivery drivers deliver goods to businesses and residences within a local area, usually in small trucks or vans. This type of driving job can be a good option for those who prefer to work locally and have a more predictable schedule. Delivery drivers can work for a specific company, such as a courier or logistics firm, or work as a self-employed driver.
- Self-Employed Drivers: Some truck drivers in the UK choose to work for themselves as self-employed drivers. This can include working for multiple clients, organizing your schedule, and managing your finances. Self-employed drivers can work in any of the truck driving jobs above but will need additional skills such as managing their own contracts and finding their own clients.
- Flatbed Drivers: Flatbed drivers transport goods that require a flatbed trailer, such as machinery, construction equipment, or large goods. This type of driving job requires special skills to load and unload cargo as well as secure the load properly.
- Refrigerated truck drivers: Refrigerated truck drivers transport goods that require temperature-controlled trailers, such as perishable foods or pharmaceuticals. These drivers may require additional training and certification to handle and monitor temperature-sensitive cargo.
- Hazmat Drivers: Hazmat (hazardous materials) drivers transport hazardous materials, such as chemicals, explosives, or radioactive materials. This type of driving job requires special training and certification, as well as strict adherence to safety protocols and regulations.
- Intermodal Drivers: Intermodal drivers transport cargo using multiple modes of transportation such as trucks, trains, and ships. These drivers may be responsible for loading and unloading cargo at various points along the supply chain and may require additional skills and training to work with different types of transportation equipment.
Check Also: Highly Paid British Jobs in UK 2023 – Apply HERE
Benefits of Truck Driver Jobs in the UK For Foreigners
Working as a truck driver in the UK has several benefits:
- Competitive salaries: Truck driving jobs in the UK offer competitive salaries, with many companies offering a starting salary of around £30,000 per annum. Salaries may also increase based on experience and qualifications.
- Job security: With the current shortage of truck drivers in the UK, skilled drivers are in high demand. This means that truck drivers can expect job security and career advancement opportunities.
- Opportunity to Travel: Truck drivers have the opportunity to travel across the country and see different parts of the UK. It can be an exciting and rewarding experience, especially for those who enjoy traveling.
- Flexible Schedule: Many trucking jobs offer flexible schedules, with drivers able to choose their own routes and work hours. This can be beneficial for those who need a job with a flexible schedule.
- Benefits packages: Many companies offer benefits packages that include health insurance, retirement plans, and vacation time. This can make working as a truck driver a more attractive career option.
- Freedom: Truck driving jobs in the UK offer a high level of freedom, with drivers often working alone and managing their own schedules.
- Skill Development: Truck driving requires a high level of skill and training, which means drivers have the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge over time.
- Shortage of drivers: As mentioned earlier, the current shortage of truck drivers in the UK means that there are more job opportunities available for qualified drivers, which can lead to better pay and benefits.
- New Technology: The trucking industry is constantly evolving and incorporating new technology, which means drivers get to work with the latest equipment and software.
- Getting the job done: Truck driving can be a fulfilling career for those who enjoy helping keep the economy moving by transporting essential goods across the country.
Requirements for Truck Driver Jobs in the UK
To become a truck driver in the UK, a number of requirements must be met, including:
- Age: To drive a truck in the UK, you must be at least 18 years old.
- Driving experience: Most truck driving jobs in the UK require at least two years of driving experience. This may include experience driving cars, vans or other vehicles.
- Qualifications: To become a truck driver in the UK, you must obtain a Driver’s Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC). This involves passing a series of tests and completing 35 hours of periodic training every five years.
- Driving licence: Different types of driving licenses are required to drive different types of trucks in the UK. For example, to drive a rigid truck, you will need a category C license, while to drive an articulated truck, you will need a category C+E license.
- In addition to meeting the above requirements, truck drivers in the UK must also comply with various regulations and safety standards, such as adhering to driving time and rest period regulations and ensuring that their vehicle is properly Properly maintained and safe to drive.
Visa Sponsorship for Foreign Truck Drivers in the UK
Visa sponsorship is the process by which an employer in the UK can sponsor a foreign national to work in the country. In the context of truck driving jobs, visa sponsorship allows UK employers to hire foreign drivers who meet the necessary qualification and experience requirements.
There are several types of visas available to foreign truck drivers in the UK, including:
- Tier 2 (General) Visa: This visa allows skilled workers to work in the UK for up to five years. To be eligible for this visa, a foreign truck driver will need a job offer from a UK employer willing to sponsor their visa.
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) visa: This visa allows workers to come to the UK for a temporary period, such as for seasonal work. A Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa is another option for young people from certain countries who want to work and travel to the UK for up to two years.
- Ancestry Visa: This visa is available to Commonwealth citizens whose grandparents were born in the UK. This allows them to work in the UK for up to five years.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a sponsor for a UK work visa?
Check if your business is eligible.
Check if your work is eligible for sponsorship.
Choose the type of license you want to apply for – this will depend on the type of worker you want to sponsor.
Decide who will manage the sponsorship in your business.
Apply online and pay the fee.