Waiter/waitress Jobs in Canada 2023: 1766839 Ontario Inc., based in Kaladar, ON is seeking applications for the position of waiter or waitress from suitable candidates who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The selected candidate will need to start work as soon as possible. Vacancies refer to seasonal employment or part-time work leading to full-time employment. Shift hours include days, evenings, nights, weekends, and flexible hours.
Canada, known for its stunning landscapes and diverse culture, has emerged as a hotspot for job seekers. Among the many job opportunities available, waiter/waitress roles have gained significant attention due to the flourishing hospitality sector. Whether you’re a student, a newcomer, or a professional seeking a change, exploring waiter and waitress jobs in Canada could open doors to an exciting career path.
Role and Responsibilities of a Waiter/Waitress
As a waiter or waitress, you do more than just serve food and drinks. You become the face of the business and make sure that customers have a great time eating there. From taking orders and making suggestions about menu items to giving great customer service, everything you do affects the restaurant’s image as a whole.
Demand for Waiter and Waitress Jobs in Canada
In Canada, there has been a big rise in the need for skilled waitstaff in the past few years. Tourists, people on business trips, and people who live in the area all add to the busy eating scene. Because of this rising need, there are more job openings and chances for people who are interested in the field.
Qualifications and Skills
Even though a formal schooling isn’t always needed, having certain skills can make you much more employable. For this job to go well, you need to be able to communicate well, do more than one thing at once, be patient, and be able to change. Also, it’s important to have a general understanding of food safety rules.
Employer Name: 1766839 Ontario Inc
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $15.50 to $16.00 hourly (to be negotiated) 25 to 45 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Part-time leading to full time
Location: Kaladar, ON
- A candidate must be of legal drinking age to mix and serve alcoholic beverages.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate will be expected to prepare and serve special meals to the customers’ tables.
- Candidate must bill customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit card, traveler’s check, or room billing.
- The candidate will be expected to explain menu items to customers including daily specials.
- The candidate will be expected to advise on menu selection.
- Candidate must maintain cash balance and maintain sales records.
- The candidate will have to clean and tidy tables, trays, and chairs.
- The candidate should explain and advise on the choice of wine.
- The candidate must greet customers, present menus, make recommendations, and answer questions about food and beverages.
- The candidate must be able to serve food and beverages.
- Candidate must supervise other servers and bussing staff.
- The candidate will be responsible for taking orders and delivering them to the kitchen and bar staff.
- Candidate must assist customers/guests with special needs.
- Candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate should be proficient in the English language.
- The candidate should have a minimum qualification of a Secondary (High) School Graduation Certificate.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 5 to 10 people
- e candidate should be able to handle weights up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal communication skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be able to act on his own initiative.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Check Also: Staff Pharmacist Jobs in Canada 2023 – Apply Now
- The candidate will be required to work in a restaurant.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- There were candidates for must-be failures and point-of-sale systems.
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate must have their own transport.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Candidate must be ready to work under pressure.
How to Apply for Waiter/waitress Jobs in Canada 2023
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
In Canada in the year 2023, becoming a waiter or waitress can be a rewarding journey full of learning, growth, and new adventures. Whether you want this job as a stepping stone or as a long-term career, the hotel industry wants to hear what you have to say and can help you grow both personally and professionally.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to be a waiter?
To apply for a waiter job, contact friends and family who work in the industry. They can connect you with restaurant managers who are hiring. Visit restaurants during their off hours and ask to speak with a manager about job opportunities. Bring copies of your resume and contact information for your references.
Are formal qualifications necessary for a waiter/waitress job in Canada?
Even though official qualifications aren’t always required for jobs as a waiter or waitress in Canada, having the right skills and experience can make you much more marketable. Focus on getting good at talking to people, taking care of customers, and knowing the rules about food safety.