30+ Fully-Funded Scholarships in Canada 2023: Canada’s education system is remarkable because it has so many institutions and courses that cover a wide range of topics. This has made their education system better, making them one of the top five countries in the world when it comes to education. International students can apply for scholarships in Canada that can help them get anything from a bachelor’s degree to a doctorate, depending on what they want to do with their lives.
Reasons Why You Should Study In Canada:
The following are reasons for studying in Canada:
- outstanding standard of living
- It is the most frequented instructional site.
- excellent educational system
- Standardized educational institutions
- International financial aid, grants, awards, and scholarships
- They provide an excellent education.
- Free insurance coverage for international students
- Citizens of Canada are accommodating.
- Affordable living expenses
- Adaptable academic timetables
- includes prestigious universities such as the University of Toronto, the University of British Columbia, and the University of Lester B. Pearson.
Canada’s government, agencies, and private organisations provide fully-funded scholarships to assist students with their academic expenditures. Several international students have benefited educationally from these scholarships.
A significant number of overseas students are taking advantage of the numerous available scholarship opportunities. Canada is home to a number of universities that give grants, awards, and bursaries to international students to help them pay for school.
Annually, these fully funded scholarships are offered to international students who wish to study in Canada; the duration of each scholarship varies according to the host institution and scholarship sponsor.
Each scholarship’s description, eligibility requirements, and application procedures contain all pertinent information.
The List Of Fully-funded Scholarships That Accept You
Some of these grants cover the total cost of higher education, such as bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate, fellowship, and other programs. The majority of the funding for these awards comes from the Canadian government and private Canadian organisations.
1. University of Montreal Scholarships For International Students
The University of Montreal Scholarships 2022–2023 cover the cost of tuition. International students from all around the world must apply. These scholarships are available for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral studies. The Montréal University Scholarships programme will provide annual support of up to $27,300.
Level/discipline: Undergraduate and Graduate
2. Concordia University Canada Scholarships
More than 600 courses are accessible to international students and Canadian citizens at Concordia University. All subjects are eligible for the Concordia Scholarship. The university has around 35,000 international students and 220,000 alumni worldwide.
Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral, Diploma, and Certificate programmes
3. International Scholarship Program at the University of British Columbia in Canada
British Columbia is located in Canada.
Each year, the University of British Columbia International Scholars Program awards about 40 scholarships to international students who qualify. Four categories of these scholarships are the International Impact Award, the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award, the Vantage One Excellence Award, and the McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award.
- Full funding for the scholarship
- Annual Retreats: Accepting Permission
- Deadline: November 15 (application is ongoing).
4. University Of Saskatchewan Scholarships for International Students
Founded on March 19, 1907, the University of Saskatchewan is a Canadian public research university. USask is a leading institution in Canada and is home to more than 3,000 foreign students from over 130 nations. The undergraduate award is valid for four years, the master’s for two, and the doctoral for three.
Agriculture, plants, and animals, business and economics, life sciences and chemistry, environment and earth sciences, health, history, culture, and arts, indigenous programmes, languages and communications, mathematics, engineering, technology, and physics, society, and law are among the courses eligible for this scholarship.
- The University of Saskatoon is the host institution.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D., doctoral, postdoctoral, and certificate programmes
5. Dalhousie University General Entrance Awards
The Dalhousie University Scholarship is an entirely funded award for international students. It is made available to undergraduate students. You may learn from a variety of award-winning professionals at Dalhousie University. They provide you with employment opportunities that help you prepare for graduation.
- This $30,000 scholarship includes a monthly stipend, housing, a fee waiver, and health insurance.
- Deadline: 03/01/22 (Annual)
6. The University of Alberta Scholarship For International Students
The University of Alberta Scholarships are open to international students as well as Nigerian citizens. The University of Alberta has a global ranking of 150. It is ranked fifth among Canadian universities that give full scholarships to international students studying Master’s and PhD programmes in Canada. One of the benefits of applying for scholarships at the University of Alberta is that an English proficiency exam is not required.
- Depending on the admissions average, meritorious students may win up to $5,000.
- Deadline: March 1, 2023 (Annual)
7. Women in Technology Scholarships
The Women in Technology Scholarship is offered by the Faculty of Computer Science at Dalhousie University in collaboration with industry partners.
This scholarship at Dalhousie University not only provides financial assistance but also serves as a platform for women to grow and develop in the area of technology through mentorship and advice from women in technology, as the need for more women in tech increases. Industry partners also offer internship opportunities to scholars.
- Institution hosting: Dalhousie University
- Level/field: Undergraduate
8. McGill University Scholarships For International Students
International students are eligible for fully funded McGill University Scholarships. This award is for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral study. This award is worth $8,500 to an undergraduate student. International students from throughout the globe are eligible to apply for this grant.
- Scholarships valued at $3,000 for one year (non-renewable)
- Major Scholarships ranging in value from $3,000 to $12,000 (renewable annually for up to three or four years if renewal criteria are met)
- Deadline: 01/21/23
9. Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program for International Students at the University of Toronto
The University of Toronto students
The Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto assists international students who wish to further their education in Canada financially. Numerous students apply for this type of scholarship, and you must always be on a “quick registration starter,” which means you must register immediately.
Only international students with extraordinary academic achievement, originality, and leadership qualities will be selected. Applicants for this scholarship must have had a positive impact on their school and community.
- This four-year scholarship programme covers books, tuition, miscellaneous fees, and complete housing costs.
- Deadline: 01/12/23
10. The University of Calgary Scholarship for International Students
International students are eligible to apply for the fully funded University of Calgary Award 2022–2023. International students beginning their first year of any bachelor’s degree programme in the fall term are eligible for $20,000 and $15,000 grants (renewable annually).
The University of Calgary International Scholarship is a renowned grant that honours the extraordinary achievements of an incoming undergraduate international student. The University of Calgary provides students with a high-quality education that prepares them for lifelong success, as well as research that answers society’s most enduring concerns.
- The University of Calgary is the host institution.
- Level/field: Undergraduate
11. Waterloo International Master’s Award of Excellence
The Waterloo International Master’s Award of Excellence is a scholarship for international students pursuing research-based Master’s degrees at the University of Waterloo.
- International master’s students entering a research-based graduate programme at the University of Waterloo are eligible for this grant. It is valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of five full-time terms within the maximum programme time restrictions (6 terms).
- Deadline: October (annual)
12. University Of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship
The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders is awarded to international students enrolling for the first time in any of the university’s divisions:
The University of Winnipeg is the institution that plays host.
- Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, and Pace
13. Carleton Entrance Awards for International Students
Carleton University in Canada offers one of the nation’s most significant scholarship and bursary programs. Last year, more than $31.9 million was granted to undergraduates as scholarships and bursaries, benefiting more than 15,700 students.
- The price ranges from CAD 4,000 (or $1,000 per year for four years) to CAD 16,000 (or $4,000 per year for four years).
- Date limit: October (annually)
14. University Of Ottawa Scholarships
The University of Ottawa offers one of the most lucrative scholarship programmes in Canada. It recognises not only your pre-university academic accomplishments but also your achievements during each term of full-time university study. A scholarship is granted for academic excellence, whereas a bursary is granted for financial need.
- The University of Ottawa is the host institution.
- Level/field: Undergraduate
15. Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) In Canada
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) is a scholarship programme that provides financial aid to international students who wish to continue their education at one of 19 authorised Canadian universities. You must initiate your application immediately. If you wish to improve your chances of being admitted first, you may begin pre-registration now and continue later.
- The OGS is valued at $5,000 per session. Thus, recipients are eligible to receive $10,000 for two consecutive sessions or $15,000 for three consecutive sessions. In every situation, the granting graduate unit will contribute one-third of the entire cost of the student’s award.
- Deadline: June (annual)
16. University Of Manitoba Scholarships
The University of Manitoba awards international student scholarships and bursaries to those who have proven academic excellence and financial need. The value of each prize is determined annually based on grade point averages in high school. For example, the prize values for the years 2020 and 2021 were as follows:
- More than or equal to 95% and $3,000
- greater than or equal to 90 percent—$2,000
- greater than or equal to 85 percent—$1,000
- The University of Manitoba is the institution that plays host.
17. Pierre Elliott Trudeau Leadership Scholarships Canada
This three-year PhD-level leadership training programme will provide exceptional doctorate candidates with the information and expertise they need to implement their ideas for the benefit of their local communities, Canada, and the rest of the world.
- up to $40,000 per year for three years to cover tuition and modest living expenses so that recipients can concentrate on their PhD studies and the Foundation’s leadership programme.
- Up to $20,000 per year for three years for language study, travel, and lodging for the Foundation’s leadership programme and doctoral dissertation-related research, networking, and travel.
- Here you may apply for the scholarship.
18. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
The Vanier Canada Graduate Award (Vanier CGS) programme helps Canadian universities attract highly qualified PhD students. The scholarship was named after the first francophone Governor General of Canada, Major-General Georges P. Vanier.
The fellowship is awarded on the basis of academic quality, research potential, leadership potential, and demonstrated skill. It has a value of $50,000 per year for the duration of doctoral studies, making it one of the highest-paying scholarships in Canada. Health research, natural sciences and engineering, social sciences, and humanities are among the research fields.
- Institution Host: (multiple universities in Canada)
- Canada’s premier universities
- Level/Field: master’s degrees leading to the doctorate and doctorates in all academic subjects
19. Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships for International Researchers
This programme is aimed at assisting foreign citizens with a doctorate (PhD) in furthering their education and expanding their horizons. It is also meant to encourage these researchers to acquire knowledge of new scientific environments, new research procedures, research project management, student leadership, and communication abilities.
- The annual value of the postdoctoral scholarship is $45,000. A total of six (6) payments totaling $90,000 are permitted.Those who pursue their postdoctoral studies outside of Québec will get an additional $10,000 each year. If fellows choose to prolong their postdoctoral fellowship award by one year, they may apply for renewal in the same competition for the following year. Following the examination, an extra year’s reward of $45,000 is possible.
- Date limit: October 6, 2022 (Annual)
20. York University Scholarship & Bursaries
International students can apply for the fully funded York University Award 2022–2023 for undergraduate study. The recipients of this award will get $35,000 per year to assist them in financing their undergraduate education in Canada.
As a result, the total value of the prize is $140,000.
There are various scholarships and bursaries available for international students enrolling at York University. You are urged to evaluate the available financing for overseas students and submit applications for anything for which you qualify.
21. Humber International Entrance Scholarships
This entrance prize of $2,000 is awarded to twenty new foreign students from Nigeria and other countries who begin their Graduate Certificate, Diploma, or Advanced Diploma studies at Humber each semester. By January 2023, a new application will be available; follow the link below to prepare your application materials.
- This scholarship incentive will result in a discount of $2,000 CAD off the tuition fees for the first two semesters of study.
- Deadline: 9/30/22 (Annual)
22. Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia Scholarship
Approximately 1,200 foreign students from over 30 countries attend Cape Breton University. As Canada is a cosmopolitan nation, it is a liberal and multicultural location to live and study. On Cape Breton Island, you will feel at home no matter your ethnicity.
- $30,000, $7,500.
- The deadlines are the 15th of June for fall (September) intake, the 15th of October for winter (January) intake, and the 15th of February for spring/summer (May) intake.
23. Mount Saint Vincent University Undergraduate Scholarship
MSVU offers three undergraduate scholarships for international students, and Nigerians are eligible for one of them. This undergraduate grant is awarded annually and is based on your most current academic performance.
- $60,000 in Canadian Scholarships for Undergraduate International Students
- Deadline: December 3, 2022 (Annual)
24. Douglas College International Student Scholarship
Each year, Douglas College awards almost $100,000 in admission scholarships to incoming international students who have demonstrated academic excellence. Douglas College in Canada now offers two types of entry scholarships for the fall, winter, and summer semesters.
- $1,000 to $2,000 Douglas International Education Regional Entrance Award
- Dr. Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Award: $2500 Deadline: 1/31/2015
25. University Canada West Scholarship
University Canada West (UCW) offers admission rewards, scholarships, and grants to new applicants to its undergraduate and graduate programmes.
- Deadline: November 14, 2022
26. Karl Ivarson Scholarship For International Students
Dr. Karl C. Ivarson established these scholarships through a bequest to the Agricultural Institute of Canada Foundation, now CFFAE. He desired to encourage kids with ties to his native country of Alberta to pursue agricultural science degrees. The Ivarson Agricultural Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence, study fields, community activity, career interests, and recommendation letters.
- PhD Fellowship $10,000 Master’s Award worth $17,000
- Deadline: October 14, 2022 (Annual)
27. SFU Canada Graduate and Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships
This award to study in British Columbia, Canada, is for exceptional incoming master’s and doctoral candidates (domestic and international). The Graduate Dean’s Entrance Scholarship is meant to ensure that top SFU students are admitted. Master’s and PhD students receive at least $21,000 per year in financial aid for the first four years of their PhD study. Students pursuing a master’s degree will get the same amount for up to two years.
- $21,000 annually for the first four years of their PhD program. Students pursuing a master’s degree will get the same amount for up to two years.
- Deadline: December 20, 2022 (Annual)
28. Loran Scholarships For International Students
The Loran Award is worth $100,000 over four years and consists of mentorship, support for summer internships, and membership in a vast network of prior scholars. This year, up to 36 Loran Awards are available. In addition, we will offer up to 120 finalist and provincial/territorial awards ($5,000 or $2,000 each) to deserving candidates.
- a yearly living allowance of $10,000. An annual tuition waiver of up to $10,000 from one of our 25 partner institutions
- Deadline: October 12, 2022 (Annual)
29. International Major Entrance Scholarship
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are offered to outstanding international students enrolling in UBC’s undergraduate programs. IMES scholarships are awarded to students entering their first year at UBC and are renewable for up to three more years. The quantity and value of these scholarships provided each year vary based on the amount of funding available.
- Fully funded (scholarship value varies from year to year).
- Date limit: January 15 (Annual)
30. Race To Zero Youth Fellowship
This fellowship, directed by the High Level Champions team, will enable young people to collaborate with the Champions and contribute to our efforts to drive bold climate action. Fellows will join the High Level Climate Champions Team for a 10-month fellowship focusing on food and agriculture, energy, and climate resilience.
- Monthly allowances
- Deadline: December 13, 2022 (Annual)