US Software Development Engineer Internship 2023: Amazon internships are full-time positions, and interns should expect to work Monday through Friday, typically between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. for up to 40 hours per week. Team specific rules regarding working hours will be communicated by your manager. Interns must not have conflicts such as classes or other work during an Amazon workday.
Applicants should have at least one quarter/semester/trimester remaining in their studies after the internship ends. Applicants will be considered for all SDE roles including the Amazon Propel Program (APP) through this application. We will consider your internship season and location preferences based on business availability. Please note that most of our internships take place in the summer.
Check Also: Fully Funded Universal Youth Leadership Summit in Indonesia 2023 – Apply Online
Our internship start dates include the following periods:
- Summer (May/June start) – SDE and APP
- Autumn (August/September start) – SDE only
Software Development Engineer (SDE) Internships
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. Our deep focus on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most loved brands – customer obsession is part of our company’s DNA. Our interns write real software and collaborate with a select group of experienced Software Development Engineers (SDEs) who guide interns on critical projects for our customers.
As an intern, you will be matched with a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Amazon technology and lead mission-critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw intelligence will help solve some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security – just to name a few.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for personal and professional growth, expand your network, and participate in activities with other interns during your internship. No matter your internship location, we give you the tools to own your project and learn in a real-world setting. Many of our technologies overlap, and you’d be hard-pressed to find a team that isn’t using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalog, or better personalizing it for customers. Repeat services of nature. We make the impossible possible.
Amazon Propel Program (APP) Internships
The Amazon Propel Internship Program seeks to support candidates from historically underrepresented groups in the tech industry by providing opportunities for skill and experience-based development.
Key Job Responsibilities for all SDE and APP internships include:
• Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
• Design and develop innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment, and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
• Build solutions to drive predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
• Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
• Ability to design and code sound solutions starting from broadly defined problems.
• Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
Locations for all SDE and APP internships:
Applying to this position will allow your application to be considered for all positions for which we are hiring in the United States. This includes, but is not limited to:
• AZ (Phoenix, Tempe)
• CA (Berkeley, Culver City, Cupertino, East Palo Alto, Irvine, Los Angeles, Manhattan Beach, Palo Alto, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Santa Monica, (Sunnyville)
• CO (Boulder, Denver)
• GA (Atlanta, Kennesaw)
• IL (Chicago)
• MA (Boston, Cambridge, Hudson, North Reading, Westborough)
• MD (Baltimore)
• MI (Detroit)
• MN (Minneapolis)
NJ (Jersey City)
• NY (New York)
• OR (Portland)
• PA (Philadelphia, Pittsburgh)
• TN (Nashville)
• TX (Austin, Dallas)
• VA (Arlington, Herndon)
• WI (Madison)
• WA (Bellevue, Seattle, Redmond)
Locations are subject to change.
We are looking for curious people, who think big and want to define tomorrow’s world. At Amazon, you’ll become the high-impact, visionary person you know you’re ready to be. Each day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth.
How many times can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say this often. Join us and define tomorrow.
• Currently enrolled in an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields with an expected graduation date between 10/2023 – 9/2026 Considered together.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.