Fully Funded ANSO Scholarships 2023: The ANSO Chinese Scholarships 2023–2024 Program is currently accepting applications from international scholars for the 2023 academic year. The application period for the ANSO fellowship will be open from January 1, 2023, to March 31, 2023.
What is CAS ANSO Fellowship in China?
The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) is an educational institution based in China that focuses primarily on natural sciences, technological advances, and technology within the country. The Chinese Academy of Sciences is involved in both the establishment of a learning community and the provision of science- and technology-related advanced education courses. In addition, the CAS has established a vast research and development network.
This fellowship program is a collaboration between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS). Originally, the World Academy of Sciences was a global, autonomous organization. It did not fall under the government’s supervision or regulation. This organization was established by a group of eminent Italian scientists.
The purpose of establishing the organization was to provide a supportive environment for people with scientific aptitudes and assist them in achieving work excellence. It is hoped that this will contribute significantly to long-term development. A few years later, TWAS entered into an agreement with the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), which currently oversees the administrative operations of the organization.
The Chinese Academy of Sciences and the World Academy of Sciences have joined forces to promote and support scientific research in developing regions of the world. This collaboration led to the establishment of the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023–2024 Program.
Through this program, 200 individuals from all over the world will be awarded a scholarship to pursue a doctorate in China. Today, this scholarship is held in the highest regard throughout the nation. Recipients of this fellowship may pursue a variety of doctoral programs at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), or any of the country’s numerous CAS Institutes.
Who can Apply for the ANSO Chinese Scholarships 2023?
The ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 gives money to people in China who want to get a doctorate in science or technology.
What is the duration of the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023?
The goal of the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 Program is to help pay for up to four full academic years of doctoral studies in China for successful applicants.
Coverage and Benefits of the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023
The ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 Program will give its winners the following benefits:
- Reimbursement for travel-related costs: The ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 Program will provide scholarship recipients with a fully paid air ticket to China. It is essential to note that this only applies to one trip per individual. TWAS will fund the air travel for 80 of the 200 awardees, while CAS will take care of the remaining 120.
- Additionally, the travel expenses will include the visa fee, which has been set at $65. This is a one-time payment that will be made to the individual upon his or her arrival at the Chinese host universities. If a recipient is already in China when they get the fellowship, they won’t get any money for travel or visa costs.
- All awardees will receive monthly stipends ranging between RMB 7,000 and RMB 8,000 as part of the fellowship. The CAS will fund this through UCAS or USTC. This stipend is intended to cover all housing and living expenses, as well as travel and health insurance costs. The recipient will not receive this stipend until they have successfully completed the UCAS or USTC-administered qualification test.
- Test of Eligibility for the ANSO Scholarship: In order to qualify for the monthly stipend, all fellowship recipients will be required to take a test administered by UCAS or USTC. In accordance with the UCAS or USTC regulations, an awardee may be subject to the following disciplinary action if they fail the exam on their third attempt:
- The ANSO scholarship could end, as could the recipient’s doctoral studies at CAS institutions. The recipient could get a certificate of attendance for the time they spent in the program, but they would not get a doctoral degree.
- Application and Tuition Fee Waiver for ANSO Fellowship: All people who get the fellowship will not have to pay any application or tuition fees.
Eligibility Criteria for the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023
Applicants for the ANSO Chinese Scholarships 2023 must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant’s maximum age as of the 31st of December 2023 is 35 years old.
- At the time an application is sent in for the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 Program, applicants must not be Chinese citizens.
- No matter where they want to study, all applicants must make sure they meet the requirements of USTC or UCAS.
- Prior to the first of September 2023, all applicants must hold a Master’s degree.
- All applicants must provide evidence of Chinese or English proficiency.
- All applicants will have to show proof that they will go back to their home countries when their programs in China are over.
- Fellows in the ANSO China Scholarship 2023 Program are not allowed to take on any new responsibilities while they are in the program.
- A person who is currently in a doctoral program in China will not be able to apply for this fellowship.
- Fellowship applications cannot be submitted simultaneously to both the USTC and UCAS.
- Each applicant can only send an application to one USTC or UCAS supervisor at a certain school.
Document Requirements for ANSO Scholarship Application
The ANSO Chinese Scholarships 2023 Program requires the following documentation:
- Each applicant must submit two letters of reference from referees who know him or her and his or her work personally. The host supervisor is not permitted to be one of the two referees. Although it is not required, it is preferred that the referees are also TWAS members.
- The letters of recommendation must be scanned and uploaded in conjunction with the online application. Additionally, a hard copy of the letters must be mailed to USTC or UCAS before the deadline. These letters must not be copied and pasted into an email.
- TWAS will provide no information to applicants regarding the identities of its members. Applicants can only contact them for recommendation letters if they personally know them. In addition to mailing hard copies to the USTC or UCAS sub-offices, the referees will also be required to scan and upload the recommendation letters.
- Referees’ and Supervisor’s Acceptance Letter: Applicants must remind their supervisors to complete the supervisor comment section and sign the ANSO application form. Before the deadline, this acceptance letter must be sent to USTC or UCAS. Individuals applying to UCAS must also send hard copies of this form to the respective UCAS-affiliated institution or college where the student will be enrolled.
- Scan of the Acceptance Letter Form: Applicants to USTC must request that their supervisors email a scan of the acceptance letter form to email@example.com. The Office of International Cooperation of the institute can also receive a hard copy. Applicants must also remind their referees that they must scan and upload their reference letters. These records must also be forwarded to the USTC or UCAS sub-offices.
- In addition, all applicants must submit all required documents that provide evidence of the information provided on the application. It is essential that these documents be written in either Chinese or English. The documents must be translated and notarized if they are written in a language other than English. Applicants must adhere to the system’s formatting requirements when uploading electronic versions of the required documents.
- Sending Hard Copy of Scanned Documents: If a candidate is successful and awarded the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 Program and is accepted to USTC or UCAS institutions, he or she must submit hard copies of the original documents that were submitted online. In addition, the applicant’s passport must be presented to the office of the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program upon arrival in China. Failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
List of documents required to apply for the ANSO Scholarship:
To apply for the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program, you need to send in the following documents.
- Each applicant must submit his or her passport, which must be valid for at least two years. It is necessary to upload the pages containing personal information and proof of validity.
- The applicant must submit an up-to-date, comprehensive resume that details their research experience.
- The applicant must provide copies of the originals of both his or her undergraduate and graduate degrees. Applicants who are close to graduating or who haven’t gotten their degrees yet must send official letters from the schools where they are currently enrolled. These letters must confirm that they are students and say when they expect to graduate.
- Applicants must also send a copy of their transcripts from all of their undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Each applicant is required to submit a research proposal that they intend to conduct.
- A maximum of five published academic papers’ title pages and abstracts may be forwarded.
- Applicants must also demonstrate their proficiency in either Chinese, English, or both. They may submit a Certificate of English Proficiency, TOEFL, or IELTS score for English, or the HSK report for Chinese.
- For the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 Program, applicants must also download the Foreigner Physical Examination. This must be filled out, signed, and sealed by a certified medical professional, who must also conduct a physical examination on the applicant. Along with all other documents, this must also be scanned and uploaded.
- Also required are two letters of recommendation or references.
The ANSO President’s Fellowship Program Application Process
Please find below a comprehensive outline of the application procedure for the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 Program:
- Eligibility for the ANSO China Scholarship Program 2023:
- Those who want to apply for this fellowship must first make sure they meet the requirements by carefully reading through the above criteria.
- Host Supervisor Requirements for the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program: Applicants may search for host supervisors in their fields of study at USTC or CAS institutions. The supervisor must be part of an educational institution that is affiliated with CAS, USTC, or UCAS and be able to help the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program, winners.
- The list of eligible supervisors and institutions can be found on the website of each university. Once a supervisor has been chosen, it is the applicant’s job to email the supervisor and explain why they want to participate in the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program.
- Additionally, they must submit a research proposal and a resume that has been updated to demonstrate their academic proficiency. In addition, supplemental materials may be submitted so that the supervisor may evaluate the applicant’s academic aptitude. Before making a determination, a supervisor may request a telephone interview.
- After a supervisor has agreed to work with a prospective student, that student can fill out the online application for the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program. Please be aware that the application form for USTC institutions differs from that used for UCAS institutions.
- Each applicant must create an account on the USTC or CAS application website in order to submit the ANSO Scholarship Application Form. Fill out the fellowship application using the provided instructions. This form will also permit applicants to upload supporting documents. It would be prudent to submit the application early so that referees and supervisors have ample time to evaluate applicants and provide recommendation letters.
- The ANSO application form can be accessed by the applicant as many times as desired, and information can be updated prior to the deadline. Before signing out, every applicant must save any form modifications. One can also view a PDF version of the application. The application can be submitted once the information has been reviewed and the applicant is satisfied with it. Remember to save a copy of your application for future reference.
- Documentation submission for the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 Program: after submitting the application form, applicants must upload all required documentation. The application may be disqualified if the necessary materials are not submitted on time. For submission, applicants must ensure that their documents are legible and that the file sizes are optimized. Applicants can refer to the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program Online Application Requirements in order to view a list of all the required submission documents.
The ANSO Scholarship Result, Application Tracking, and Resubmission
After submitting the application form for the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program along with the required documents, the application can be tracked by clicking “Track Your Application” in order to view the results of the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program. In some instances, the application may be returned to the applicant for further editing, after which it may be resubmitted.
For instance, if an applicant provides a new email address for a new referee, another email will be sent to the referee to allow him or her to submit the reference. If there have been no changes to the email addresses, then no new emails will be sent, regardless of any other application modifications. A candidate must notify the supervisor of any changes to the application. After submitting the application form for the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program along with the required documents, the application can be tracked by clicking “Track Your Application” in order to view the results of the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program. In some instances, the application may be returned to the applicant for further editing, after which it may be resubmitted.
For instance, if an applicant provides a new email address for a new referee, another email will be sent to the referee to allow him or her to submit the reference. If there have been no changes to the email addresses, then no new emails will be sent, regardless of any other application modifications. A candidate must notify the supervisor of any changes to the application.
Where & When to Apply for the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 Program?
Applicants to the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program 2023–2024 should contact their guides or supervisors if they have any questions regarding the scholarship.
- Scholarship from CAS and ANSO
- The TWAS Award
Applicants who wish to pursue their programs at UCAS through the ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 Program may submit applications and direct inquiries to the following:
ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program, UCAS Office (UCAS), University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 80 Zhongguancun East Road, Beijing, 100190, China. Fax: +86-10-82674-900; Telephone: +86-10-82674-900; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
People who want to apply through the ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program to study at USTC can send their applications and questions to:
ANSO Chinese Scholarship Program University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), 96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, Anhui, 230026 China Fax: +86-55-1 63632-579 Phone: +86-55-1 63600-279 Email: email@example.com