Fully Funded Scholarships in Netherlands 2023: Aside from the UK, the Netherlands is also a very important place for Nigerians who want to study. There are various scholarships that can cover all of your expenses while studying in the Netherlands. The Netherlands is a great place to get a higher education, from an undergraduate degree to a PhD.
Currently, the Netherlands is home to a number of institutions and universities with an outstanding reputation worldwide. They offer a variety of educational programs in order to satisfy the needs of each student.
The Netherlands is a Western European country that shares borders with Germany and Belgium. Over an extended period of time, this nation has made significant contributions to numerous fields, including economics, science, and industry.
Why You Should Study In The Netherlands
Dutch universities are recognised as among the greatest in the world, competing with illustrious British and American universities. The Netherlands is perhaps one of the greatest non-English-speaking countries in which to study abroad, acquire a high-quality education, and locate an abundance of English-language degrees. Additional explanations include:
- Studying in the Netherlands is relatively inexpensive compared to other English-speaking countries such as the United Kingdom and the United States. In the Netherlands, the government subsidies higher education, and tuition fees are relatively low.
- The flight time between Amsterdam and other major European cities such as Paris, Berlin, Brussels, or London is roughly one hour. In addition, it has great connections and is easily accessible by train from the principal cities of Europe.
- There are numerous degrees offered in English, including:There are approximately 2,000 English-taught study programmes and courses available in the Netherlands. These programmes and courses can lead to a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree, as well as a certification or certificate.
- In comparison to other wealthy nations, the cost of living in the Netherlands is quite low. Expect monthly expenses between €800 and €1,000.
- Creative Approaches to Education: Dutch universities are famous worldwide for their innovative curricula and infrastructure. Because the teaching technique in the Netherlands promotes teamwork, it is easy for international students to meet both Dutch people and other international students.
- The Netherlands also offers international students the opportunity to receive a scholarship.
Scholarships Available to International Students In The Netherlands
If you are an international student seeking to pursue an education in the Netherlands, numerous services are available to assist you in reaching your academic goals. In the following paragraphs, we will examine the numerous financial aid opportunities available to overseas students in the Netherlands.
1. Radboud Scholarship Programme for International Students
The Radboud Scholarship Programme provides a chosen number of potential non-EEA students with the opportunity to acquire a full scholarship to study a Master’s degree in English at Radboud University. The course commences in September 2023.
- reduction in tuition fees to €2,314
- The scholarship covers the expenses associated with obtaining a visa, a residence permit, health insurance, and liability insurance during your stay in the Netherlands (Aon Student Insurance).
- deadline: February 28th, 2023 (annual)
2. University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are awarded to outstanding students from EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries who are applying to the University of Twente’s graduate programme (MSc).
- € 3,000 – € 22,000
- Due date: 1 February/1 May 2023 (annual)
3. Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) enables a number of international students from outside the European Economic Area to study for a Master’s degree at Utrecht University in a limited number of subjects.
- Tuition or tuition fees plus the required income tied to a one-year residence permit for study as determined by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Annual deadline: January 31, 2023
4. Erasmus University Holland Scholarship
Erasmus University Rotterdam and the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science fund the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship. This scholarship is for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands.
- € 5,000, € 10,000, or € 15,000 (to be selected by the faculty) (to be decided by the faculty)
- Due date: 1 February/1 May 2022 (annual)
5. Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships for International Students at TU Delft
The Delft University of Technology offers overseas students numerous attractive scholarship options. One of these initiatives is the Justus and Louise van Effen Scholarship, which aims to provide financial assistance to outstanding overseas MSc students who aspire to study at TU Delft.
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme based on the statutory charge or institutional rate, as well as a living expenses stipend, depending on the student’s registered nationality.
- Deadline: December 1, 2022
6. Amsterdam Merit Scholarship
The University of Amsterdam (UvA) seeks to attract the brightest students from around the globe to its worldwide classrooms. Students from outside the EU/EEA are eligible to apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS).
- €6,000 annually
- Deadline: December 2022.
7. Erasmus University Rotterdam – L-EARN for Impact Scholarship
The L-EARN for Impact Scholarship is available to international students from developing nations at Erasmus University Rotterdam (according to the list provided by the World Bank).
- €10,000 – € 22,000
- The deadline is March 15th, 2022.
8. Rotary Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals
The Rotary Foundation and the UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education have joined forces to combat the global water and sanitation issue by increasing the number of people trained to create, plan, and execute solutions in poor and emerging nations.
- TRF offers around €36,000 in scholarships, paid directly to UNESCO-IHE.
- Date limit: May 1, 2022 (annual)
9. Maastricht University Holland High Potential Scholarships for International Students
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship initiative awards 24 full scholarships of €30,000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) to exceptionally brilliant students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been accepted to a Master’s programme at UM.
- The award covers living expenses (€12,350 for 13 months; €23,750 for 25 months), health and liability insurance (€700), visa application fees (€207), tuition fees (at cost), and pre-academic training expenses.
- Annual deadline: 1 February 2023
10. Africa Scholarship Programme at Wageningen University & Research
The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) gives talented and motivated African students a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get a Master’s degree at Wageningen University and help improve Africa’s ability to do things.
- Costs of travel to and from Wageningen
- allowance for living expenses throughout the length of the programme (24 months)
- Coverage of tuition fees throughout the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Visa fees and health insurance premiums
- A budget for one European seminar (travel, stay, registration fee)
- a budget for future potential participants’ programme participation.
- Date limit: February 1st, 2023
If you have reached this stage, the best thing you can do for yourself is to click the link provided to start your application. The majority of the scholarship opportunities listed here have submission deadlines that are not until 2023.
As an international student, you are strongly urged to apply for the scholarship; after you have gathered the required paperwork, the application process will be straightforward. You can apply for additional scholarships in the Netherlands beginning next year.