Fully Funded Shanghai Government Scholarship in China 2023-24: Established in 2006, the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship aims to promote the development of international student education in Shanghai and attract exceptional international students and scholars to East China Normal University (ECNU). This scholarship is available to outstanding international students who wish to pursue undergraduate, graduate or PhD programs at ECNU. Applicants to the undergraduate program must have at least HSK-3 level Chinese proficiency, or be enrolled in a one-year pre-college program to study Chinese with a full scholarship (by the application deadline of May 10 with) can choose. If the applicant is unable to obtain a qualified HSK level after completing the pre-college program, they will graduate as a language student.
East China Normal University (ECNU) is a prestigious research university located in Shanghai, China. It was founded in 1951 and is known for its strong academic programs and research achievements in education, humanities, social sciences and natural sciences. The university has a beautiful and modern campus with excellent facilities, including state-of-the-art research centres, libraries, sports facilities and student accommodation.
Check Also: Chinese Government Scholarship 2023 – Apply Now
As an international student, studying at ECNU can be a unique and exciting experience. Shanghai is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, known for its rich culture, history and vibrant business environment. As a major economic and cultural center in China, Shanghai offers many opportunities for students to explore and engage with the local community. Studying at ECNU can provide international students with a valuable cultural exchange experience, allowing them to gain a deeper understanding of Chinese language, culture and society.
Fully Funded Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023-24 in China. It is available to start Bachelors, Masters, PhD level programs at East China Normal University.
The following subjects are available for study within this scholarship program.
- All subjects
1) Type A (Full Scholarship)
Exemption from tuition fees, and on-campus housing; Provide comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living expenses (Doctoral program: CNY3500; Graduate program: CNY3000; Undergraduate program: CNY2500)
2) Type B (Partial Scholarship)
Tuition fee waivers, and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
- This scholarship is open to international students.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2) Educational background and age limit:
- Applicants for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23 years of age.
- Applicants for a bachelor’s degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25 years of age.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under 40 years of age.
3) Students who have won a Chinese government scholarship or any scholarship offered by other organizations are not eligible to apply for SGS.